This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Work is making me sick

I've started getting migraines at work. I thought it was the fumes from cleaning chemicals (there's no ventilation), but this morning as soon as I walked in, I felt another migraine coming on.

I had to go home yesterday, it was so bad I vomited twice, stayed in bed all afternoon, and I'm still worried that I'll get another scolding because of it. I've been in trouble more in the last 2 months than at any other job combined.

I now dub my CEO Joffrey, because he's a tyrant and an idiot.
    Last edited by HorrorFrogPrincess; 03-01-2016, 03:19 PM.
    "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Sounds like time to start looking elsewhere.
    Also OSHA can be contacted anonymously
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Oh I've been looking. Had a phone interview with HR at a much better company yesterday, so that's a start.
      "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

That's what it is, Princess. Towards the end of my time with the council car parks department, there was one week where I had three migraines in four days. You can't get a much clearer signal from your mind and body than that. I hope you're out of there soon *hugs*
        Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Hugs back!

Thanks for the validation. I do worry at times that I'm overreacting but this mess is a first for me.

Comment

Best wishes finding other work quickly, and may it be a significant improvement.
            A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth HorrorFrogPrincess View Post
              Hugs back!

Thanks for the validation. I do worry at times that I'm overreacting but this mess is a first for me.
              You're not overreacting, Princess, our bodies don't tell us lies. And if we ignore what our minds tell us, often our bodies will make the point in ways that we can't ignore.
              Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

So I've got an interview on Monday for a larger company with a strong accounting department, great benefits, and plenty of upward mobility. Also, the CFO (not Joffrey) has left my current position, the financial analyst is being promoted to controller, and they are actually interviewing for another accountant.

Bad news for them. Sounds like they want a warm body, with me picking up the slack. Hopefully by next week I can tell them to call up their second choice.

Comment

Quoth HorrorFrogPrincess View Post
                  Hopefully by next week I can tell them to call up their second choice.
                  I hope so too, Princess. Love it when people like that think they've got it all worked out, then you pull the rug from under their feet.

Comment

Oh, I've had so many daydreams of securing a new job, putting in my 2 weeks, and Joffrey pulling something that makes walk. It would be so satisfying.

My husband today mentioned that, financially, we'd be ok for a couple of months without my paycheck. He's aware how bad it's been and was laterally telling me he's on board if I have to quit.

And he said it in a way that spared my already battered pride. <3

Comment

Watch them be shocked, shocked, I SAY when you DO walk!
                      My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Working...
                      X