This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hell week

And not the right of passage college frat hell week.

So I work for <major cable company/ISP> and we have been having a major issue with one of our services.

For the past 6 days now, ALL of our residential customers who have our VoIP phone services, have not had working phones. So it has been 6 days straight of solid, back to back calls for 8 hours a day. And all the calls are some variation of this:

Caller: My phones are working
    ME: Yes, we are aware of the issue
    ME: No we dont know when it will be fixed
    ME: Yes you will be getting a credit
    ME: No, I dont know how much it will be

PLEASE, PLEASEEEE!!!! Get this issue fixed phone engineers, for the love all that is holy, I am tired of dealing with these people.

*UPDATE*

So, I came into work this morning, and the issue is still not resolved. This is now day 7. Not only is it not resolved, but it's actually gotten worse. Today is going to be a good day.

This is getting comical, I have to laugh to stay sane.

Comment

Ugh, how horrible. If it's taken the engineers seven days and they still haven't fixed it, it must be a doozy of a problem.
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Indeed, on the plus side, it's like 1-2 minute calls

Comment

Quoth spazmunke View Post
          And not the right of passage college frat hell week.

So I work for <major cable company/ISP> and we have been having a major issue with one of our services.

For the past 6 days now, ALL of our residential customers who have our VoIP phone services, have not had working phones. So it has been 6 days straight of solid, back to back calls for 8 hours a day.
          You're getting all those calls to complain about the problem? But their phones aren't working!

A week (given your update) without phones, and the provider can't even tell when service will be restored? Expect a LOT of people demanding to cancel service WITHOUT an ETF, saying things like "implied warranty of merchatibility".

If my phone were out of service for several days, and the provider couldn't even tell me when service would be restored, I'd switch to an alternate provider.
          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Is this why the police were at my house twice in one day claiming that someone called 911 and hung up? I got triple play so I could have internet but never plugged a phone into it. It was 3 days ago, Mon.

Comment

Well, after 7 days of hell, we finally got the issue fixed, now it's up to our billing office to issue credits to people's accounts

Comment

Working...
              X