This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Validation at last

So something happened. I don't know what, but all of a sudden the owners and executives are willing to spend money on fixing the accounting.

We've brought in some consultants. The top tier fellow pretty much suggested the company would be better off setting a fire and collecting the insurance payout. It's obvious to them that no one's cared about the accounting (or accountants) until now.

Thankfully they don't blame me for the mess this place is in. There's a plan now, and some help for me, so I'm not feeling as paralyzed as I was a week ago.

That said, I'm still trying to get the F* out. These consultants said I need to get the F* out, knowing full well with the CFO having quit, if the owners and executives decide to throw someone under the bus for the mess the books are in, I'm the obvious scapegoat.

I haven't heard back from either of my interviews from a few weeks ago but just got an email about an internal auditing position with a large, established company. I'm hoping that one works out. I don't even mind staying for the duration of getting a closing process done, but I don't trust this place at all. They get the books closed, get a better accounting system, and will likely go right back to neglecting GAAP. And I want no part of it.
    "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

I tend to agree with the consultants. If the CFO quit and the books are in this big of a mess, I'd bet my bottom dollar that the CFO used the chaos to pad his pockets before splitting. And yes, they'll probably be waiting for a target to wander into the cross hairs.

Good luck.

Comment

Holy crap. Yeah -- run far, run fast, run now. Keep pursing that auditing position, but also keep tossing resumes/CV's out there. Ya never know when you'll get a bite -- and heck, you may get two competing "bids" for your services.
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
      X