X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth AdvancedFlea View Post
    "Could you go to B&Q and get some elbow grease?"
    Imagine my surprise when I was wandering through a dollar store and actually FOUND Elbow Grease! I might still have that picture on my cell phone, but I'm not sure...
    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
      I had a Mockingboard sound card for my Apple //e computer in the mid-1980s. I don't think it had a recording feature.

The Sound Blaster sound card was introduced in November 1987. It did have a microphone input and could record sound. By the time 1993 rolled around, the Sound Blaster sound cards had been through at least seven generations.
      Ok, so I'm wrong, fair enough ^^;

to be frank, it doesn't surprise me that apple had sound cards before everyone else. they are usually ahead on the technology even if the machines cost a hundered times more at the time.

Quoth froglet View Post
      Windows 95 was not the first OS to come up with the idea of recording sound or playing CDs
      I know that, Mr. smartass :-P when you consider that if I was using a computer in 1993, it wouldn't be windows 95, would it? it was a windows 3.11 machine. wasn't a bad computer, either. was a sad day when that computer died ;_;

Quoth edible_hat View Post
      My dad would try to convince us kids that if you weren't careful you could unscrew your belly button and your bum would fall off. And then you'd explode from not being able to poop.
      XD my dad tried the same thing...too bad I'm the son of an engineer so I worked out at a young age that anything that could be unscrewed could also be screwed back on pretty easily ^_^

Quoth Juwl View Post
      Imagine my surprise when I was wandering through a dollar store and actually FOUND Elbow Grease! I might still have that picture on my cell phone, but I'm not sure...
      ...You are kidding me?! if you have that picture, it is your duty to post it! lol
      -The one, The Only, AdvancedFlea-

Stick that in your blog and smoke it.

A guide for customers about retail

Comment

I know that, Mr. smartass :-P when you consider that if I was using a computer in 1993, it wouldn't be windows 95, would it? it was a windows 3.11 machine. wasn't a bad computer, either. was a sad day when that computer died ;_;
        Ok, I've never really introduced myself, so I'll let the Mr thing go
        My first computer was a Tandy CoCo 3 by the way. Parents bought it for my sister and me in 1986, for Christmas

Luv

~ Miss SmartiePants
        "If you find yourself fantasizing about throwing actual users into a blender, please get help... they're heavy." - Tom Dickson

Comment

Quoth froglet View Post
          Ok, I've never really introduced myself, so I'll let the Mr thing go
          My first computer was a Tandy CoCo 3 by the way. Parents bought it for my sister and me in 1986, for Christmas

Luv

~ Miss SmartiePants
          Miss? ..as in...female bits....I fail lol sorry about that I feel so embarresed now ^^;

Gah, Tandy computers...that takes me back. About the first and only device Tandy's ever sold that lasted longer than 5 minutes. Too bad really, because the fact Tandy's sold the odd little bits of electronics that no one else saw the market for was actually a good idea and a very lucrative business...as Maplin Electronics found out years later lol.

Comment

XD my dad tried the same thing...too bad I'm the son of an engineer so I worked out at a young age that anything that could be unscrewed could also be screwed back on pretty easily ^_^
            It's hard to repair anything with no bottom, and when you're exploding...

Also many things are inexplicably more difficult to put back together than take apart.

At age 31 I'm just getting into sibling taunting - my only (half) sister is 7 and can now just about cope with being teased. We used to pretend she'd grown a tale and watch her try and look (like a dog chasing it's tale), but mostly I now just stick to trying to persuade her she's wearing her feet out because she had a children's book where that happened to someone.

Victoria J

Comment

Quoth Victoria J View Post
              It's hard to repair anything with no bottom, and when you're exploding...

...At age 31 I'm just getting into sibling taunting -
              lol but you surely have time before your arse explodes

...you're evil lol
              Last edited by Ree; 05-25-2008, 07:38 PM. Reason: Excessive quoting...again

Comment

My brother and I used to trick our younger sister into trading her ONE dollar for TWO pennies.

Brother tried it on me, but I was too smart for that.

Comment

A little OT - I worked at a restaurant with a bartender that would request odd things from trainees...a couple of his funnier ones -

A trainee would order an espresso or cappacino (sp?) and he'd ask them to run to the dry storage and get a can of steam for the machine. That one worked all the time.

Another one - when he was in the kitchen, he'd ask trainees to go and get him the plastic frying pan.

SC: I Have my computer in my car. Will it be needed for evidence?!
                  That's funny!!!!
                  Last edited by Ree; 05-25-2008, 07:39 PM. Reason: Merging consecutive posts
                  "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

In my dojo, James and I are the only people in our twenties, and we both tend to act as older cousins to the teens in the teen adult classes and younger black belts, including teasing.
                    Our Sensei had just come back from Japan and had brought chopsticks back as suveniers as he always does for everyone. James convinced one of the younger black belts that she had left handed chopsticks and she wouldn't be able to use them.
                    She actually went to Sensei and told him that she needed to switch chopsticks because she had left handed ones. It took him a few tries to explain to her that there were no such thing as left handed chopsticks.
                    I have PMS and a black belt. Any questions?

This random moment is brought to you by the letters A D and D.

Comment

Quoth retaildrone View Post
                      My brother and I used to trick our younger sister into trading her ONE dollar for TWO pennies.

Brother tried it on me, but I was too smart for that.
                      did the same thing to my younger cousin. I bought a £10 note for 50p off him hehehe

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post
                      A little OT - I worked at a restaurant with a bartender that would request odd things from trainees...a couple of his funnier ones -

A trainee would order an espresso or cappacino (sp?) and he'd ask them to run to the dry storage and get a can of steam for the machine. That one worked all the time.

Another one - when he was in the kitchen, he'd ask trainees to go and get him the plastic frying pan.

That's funny!!!!
                      *snikker* I like that bartender >)

Quoth Delphae View Post
                      In my dojo, James and I are the only people in our twenties, and we both tend to act as older cousins to the teens in the teen adult classes and younger black belts, including teasing.
                      Our Sensei had just come back from Japan and had brought chopsticks back as suveniers as he always does for everyone. James convinced one of the younger black belts that she had left handed chopsticks and she wouldn't be able to use them.
                      She actually went to Sensei and told him that she needed to switch chopsticks because she had left handed ones. It took him a few tries to explain to her that there were no such thing as left handed chopsticks.
                      oooh, the naieveaty of youth LOL. but left handed chopsticks!? nice one I think I have jheard other people use that one. I'm sure I have heard it before

Comment

oooh, the naieveaty of youth LOL. but left handed chopsticks!? nice one I think I have jheard other people use that one. I'm sure I have heard it before
                        I've asked people to get some prop wash, a bucket of steam, a tray of electrons, a skirting board ladder and the good old favourite the long weight!
                        A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth crazylegs View Post
                          I've asked people to get some prop wash, a bucket of steam, a tray of electrons, a skirting board ladder and the good old favourite the long weight!
                          our favorite one at the moment, since I told the guys I work with about this whole "Google into google" incident is to take it one step further with some of the more naieve staff

just before I say anything else; when I refere to "Eclipse" I'm talking about the till systems we use. It's an in-house made system and "Eclipse" is the name of it

we say to them "If you type google into google on your home computer, it will break the internet, you could be arrested for that but they'll struggle to find you, if they even bother. if you type google into google on an Eclipse terminal, you'll break the internet and bring Eclipse to a grinding halt, which will take the servers down and overload all the tills. not only will the company know who you are but they will have yo arrested for breaking the internet, they will sack you, then sue you for breaking eclipse"

one of our managers was on what was knowen as the "Eclipse Deployment team" (the people who ran the project and replaced all the old REPoS systems with the Eclipse sysem) so, ofcourse, we made sure she was onboard so if anyone asked her, she would confirm what we said. It amuses us greatly because there are a few that don't believe us and a few that do, so now there are mixed feelings going around the store, but no one dares try it.

Even more amusing is, if you are talking to me face-to-face, I have astounding control over my body language and facial expressions, so I can make you believe what ever I want, and when it comes to making the sales guys almost wet them selves with fear over what will happen if they type google into google on an eclipse terminal

...yes, working on our customer service/tech desk gets a bit boring somtimes...and I have a general distain for some of our sales staff since some of them can never be bothered to do their jobs properly

Comment

You're evil, Flea-bit. I LIKE it!
                            Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
                              You're evil, Flea-bit. I LIKE it!
                              Thank you >)

Comment

o gawd... practical jokes.... my company is famous - infamous? - for them...

typical fallopian tube joke - yeah it's popular here cos they like sending some guy off to get the tube and then embarrassing him with the knowledge of what it really is. (i guess some guys just didn't know...)

But one guy took that joke and turned it back on his supervisor with style. He went off to "find some of the tube".... and instead of that he got a ziplock bag and some clear tubing that lays flat when empty. he frayed the end of the tube to make it fan out a little, and put it in the baggie, along with a bit of tomato sauce...

when he got back to the shop he said to the supervisor, "I got the tube but she fought like hell!" and tossed the bag at him. the supervisor seriously flinched, until he realized the joke had been turned back on him. (haha)

computer jokes: co-worker tried to piss me off once... he snuck behind my computer and disconnected the ethernet cable. he was hoping i'd act like an SC and jump up screaming when i couldn't web-surf...

... he was sooooo disappointed... I opened a command line window, typed in tracert www.google.com and saw that i wasn't even getting to the switch... looked at the computer and found the disconnected cable, all in less than 5 minutes. without even getting mad.

SOS - Yes you did. It's got a crack in it !
                                ... all i can think of is Family Guy.... (my bf loves that episode too, lol)
                                Lois: Peter, did you get new buttocks?
                                Peter: I had to. My old one had a crack in it.

Comment

Working...
                                X