X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NO COKE FOR YOU! Next customer!

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
      Pepsi & Coke are the same thing-just different brand names.
      Says you.

I prefer Pepsi.

I can tell the difference between Pepsi and Coke.

Coke buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurns. It hurts. I cry. It's not pretty.
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
        Coke buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurns. It hurts. I cry. It's not pretty.
        Holy craps dice batman! I thought it was just me! Coke burns your throat too?!
        Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

I personally have no preference, but Pepsi is a bit easier on the throat, and taste better flat.

Comment

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post
            NO COKE! PEPSI!!!!!

I know I won't be the only one to think of that when reading this post!

Chee-burger! Chee-burger!

I was just in Chicago a couple of weeks ago. We ran out of time or we would have gone to the Billy Goat for dinner. I love that place!

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
              Pizza Hut is also part of Pepsico. Wouldn't be able to explain the other places though.

I like both, in the sense that after having Coke for a while, I like Pepsi for a change and vise versa. Right now I'm drinking Coke Zero.

When I get to Las Vegas by the end of the week, I'm going to stop in the Coke place on the strip and get a Coca Cola mixed with chocolate flavoring. *insert drool here ammmgggghhhhhhhhh*

If they would make chocolate Coke I would so buy it.
              Actually, Pizza Hut is not part of Pepsico. It used to be but has not been for at least 5 years. It is now Tricon/YUM! The restaurants were "losing" (ie not making enough) too much money for Pepsi. We still have Pepsi products though.
              I don't have an anger problem! I have an idiot problem!-Hank Hill

Comment

Quoth Seawolfe View Post
                Put some rum and a slice of lemon in it! Its fine!!
                Rum and Coke is good, but I like my Coke with a shot of McGillicutty's Fireball Whiskey. A nice cold Coke with a blast of cinnamon flavouring...

I also like Diet Pepsi with a shot of vodka, but I'm probably a little strange.
                "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post
                  NO COKE! PEPSI!!!!!

I know I won't be the only one to think of that when reading this post!

Chee-burger! Chee-burger!
                  "No fries, chips!"

Sheesh, I'm getting old...
                  I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                  My LiveJournal
                  A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Like I say, if I'd been part of those taste tests, there wouldn't have been an issue. Not only can I tell the difference easily, I very much prefer Coke. If it's a choice between warm tap water and pepsi, I'll drink the water, unless I need my caffeine. Otherwise, I'll walk miles and miles before I'll touch Pepsi.
                    The Case of the Missing Mandrake; A Jude Derry, Sorceress Sleuth Mystery Available on Amazon.

Comment

I cant stand the taste of pepsi, too bitter. It's all my parents drink. But if a place only serves pepsi I can just get water, or juice. mmm juice...
                      wouldn't lube work better in a f***ing machine?
                      ----
                      Yes, that’s right. It’s a pair of gold foil headphones. Gold foil. Finally, headphones just as awful as your taste in music.

Comment

I can easily tell the difference and prefer Coke. I like that it's a bit harsh. Not that pandering sweet junk called Pepsi.

Do these people not realize that some places have exclusive rights to sell only Coke or Pepsi products, espically chain restaurants.
                        Frankly, we don't care. When I go to a restaurant, I coulnd't care less about the problems of the staff, the owners, etc. I'm there to purchase food for more than it would cost me to make it because I want the establishment to relieve me of worries, not pile them on. (before some overly sensitive-type jumps in here, that doesn't mean that I'm rude ... I'm just not paying to worry about their problems).

If a restaurant doesn't have Coke, they're going to lose out on the near 100% profit they would've gotten from serving me that Coke as I won't drink Pepsi. Decent restaurant owners know this and have to make the decision between purchasing a single product for less or serving both.
                        "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Quoth Samaliel View Post
                          However, whenever I find some (which is not often... Haven't had one in YEARS), Dr. Pepper is my beverage of choice.
                          Are you outside the US? Hubby is a Dr. Pepper drinker and maybe 2 places have ever not carried it, and those places both had Mr. Pibb which he swears is nearly identical. He's not insanely fussy tho, if a place is just out of it he'll order something else.
                          "English is the result of Norman men-at-arms attempting to pick up Saxon barmaids and is no more legitimate than any of the other results."
                          - H. Beam Piper

Comment

Quoth marasbaras View Post
                            Frankly, we don't care. When I go to a restaurant, I coulnd't care less about the problems of the staff, the owners, etc. I'm there to purchase food for more than it would cost me to make it because I want the establishment to relieve me of worries, not pile them on. (before some overly sensitive-type jumps in here, that doesn't mean that I'm rude ... I'm just not paying to worry about their problems).

If a restaurant doesn't have Coke, they're going to lose out on the near 100% profit they would've gotten from serving me that Coke as I won't drink Pepsi. Decent restaurant owners know this and have to make the decision between purchasing a single product for less or serving both.

Just skimmed the thread here, so I apologize in advance if I'm reading this out of context, but... that is exactly what they did. The fact that they serve only one or the other is indeed a choice they made, and there's enough market share of people willing to drink Pepsi products they aren't going to be bullied into adding Coke to the lineup just because you want it. Order tea, water, lemonade, etc or take your patronage elsewhere.

As an employee of a company exclusively contracted with Pepsi I've had to deal with people bitching (Not saying you are, marasbaras!) about how we don't serve Coke on a regular basis... but for every one of those I get, I get at least as many exclaiming how overjoyed they are that we deal in Pepsi products.
                            Last edited by JustADude; 05-26-2008, 12:01 PM.
                            ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                            And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Yup, I'm in France. Though the choice for soda is quite large around here, I spent some time after seeing Forrest Gump wondering what a Dr. Pepper would taste like. It was only a few years after that that I actually had the opportunity to taste one. One of the vending machines at my grad school happened to have some. In some locations, mostly along the borders, I will find some, but I haven't found some in quite some time now.

But I don't drink much cola, these days. I'm more of a fruit flavored soda drinker now. Gini and Schweppes Lemon are quite good and Fanta Madness (blood orange and blackcurrant) is awesome.
                              "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

I thought I preferred Coke until, in a blind taste test, I chose Pepsi. However, that does not matter, I disregarded that taste test and when I do drink soda, which is very, very rare these days, I still choose Coke over pepsi.

So, I sadly hear, "no coke! pepsi!" and would cringe a little - but still drink it.

Funny, I'm craving a soda right now! Since I drink them so rarely, they are such a treat!

A little OT - the last time I was really sick - I craved ginger ale. When I was sick as a little girl, my mom always served ginger ale - so this last time I had bronchitis, I craved ginger ale. I told my friend to bring me some and he brought me 7up because his mom told him that works better for tummy aches than ginger ale. I had to explain to him it wasn't for a tummy ache, it was because I was sick and wanted my mommy! He thought I was crazy!
                                "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Working...
                                X