Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How in the name of Zeus's Butthole is it my fault?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Crazeyal View Post
    People like this should lose the right to breed.
    While I don't believe that this should literally be the case (not least because the universe being what it is as we all know the idiots normally have the power and would be the people deciding who got to breed) it is a chilling thought that someone like that could have children.

However he has demonstrated an inability to manage the simple task of placing something into the necessary opening - perhaps we can all breathe a sigh of relief.

Victoria J

Comment

One of my friends worked IT for a local university.
      He'd get calls from the staff, saying that their systems were not working, no power at all.
      He had learned long ago to be very careful in dealing with faculty....
      The session usually went something like this:
      Teacher: My computer has no power!
      IT Guy: Here's what you do...Sometimes the power cord is not working well. Please check to make sure the cord is stable in the socket.
      Teacher: (after a few moments of embarrassed silence...) Oh, there's the problem...it was loose.
      IT Guy: There you go! These old buildings don't have very good sockets...

Now, as for what REALLY happened...you guessed it! The person had forgotten to plug in the power cord! The IT Guy couldn't suggest this tho, cuz it always got the Teacher to say "What do you think I am, stupid? Of course it's plugged in!
      Then would follow an hour of futilely trying to 'fix the problem' by going all around the REAL problem....
      Thus my friend's face-saving solution.
      I no longer fear HELL.
      I work in RETAIL.

Comment

Quoth Samaliel View Post
        Mother Mary's Merciful Mammaries !
        ... Marry me?

Comment

My husband's late father was an electrician and in business for himself. There's been a time or two when he had an emergency call because someone's appliance wasn't working....

He also charged $50.00 an hour (minimum).

First thing, he goes around to the back of the appliance, sees a problem , plugs it back into the outlet and turns it back on.

"Fifty dollars please!"
          This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

Quoth Mongo Skruddgemire View Post
            In this case the situation was far far worse. The guy teaching was teaching a class for the US Navy personnel working on a project.
            Hang on, I have clean up the blood I spilled when trying (unsuccessfully) to stifle my snort-laugh.

Okay, I'm good. A friend of mine just entered the Navy. I hope this guy doesn't try to teach him....Bluejeans would probably run his mouth off.
            Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

from experience, my HS and the community college I attended for two years and the 4 year school I am in now all had really expensive power systems protecting the labs and data centers, etc. Once lightning damaged the system at my HS and they spent a few grand fixing it.

Comment

Quoth Victoria J View Post

However he has demonstrated an inability to manage the simple task of placing something into the necessary opening - perhaps we can all breathe a sigh of relief.

Victoria J

OK, I wasn't drinking anything but if I was.....!
                I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth the_std View Post
                  ... Marry me?
                  Me too?

That story was incredible. He seemed to hear himself saying all those things, and thought they were coming from you...
                  "If you find yourself fantasizing about throwing actual users into a blender, please get help... they're heavy." - Tom Dickson

Comment

It's amazing how some people refuse to even try to do a basic check before calling a tech/having it repaired! cars left in gear, loose battery cables, keys locked inside a car with the passenger window left down, etc
                    "Ride the spiral to the end, it may just go where no one's been. Spiral out, keep going..." -Lateralus

Comment

Quoth the_std View Post
                      ... Marry me?
                      Quoth froglet View Post
                      Me too?
                      Err... Sure. But, say, how do you feel about polygamy ? I would have never thought that a nice alliteration would land me so much love.
                      "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Quoth froglet View Post
                        That story was incredible. He seemed to hear himself saying all those things, and thought they were coming from you

I used to live with these two other people (splitting rent on a house, ended up being cheaper than individually renting an apartment) and one of them was like that. Schizophrenic, and his voices liked to imitate people. He'd suddenly go ballistic and read someone the riot act for something they never said...

Comment

Wow.

I have a saying about customers that makes my co-workers laugh, but it's SO true:

"Be an asshole or be stupid, but don't be both."

Of course, no one wants either one, but as a CSR, I can TOLERATE one or the other. Both is another story.

It's painfully obvious that the hero in THIS story falls into the BOTH category.
                          "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Working...
                          X