Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not all customers suck(short and sweet)

SC: "I'm really pissed off about how you keep putting the price up! You should realise that my income doesn't go up just because you want yours to go up. Put the price down so I don't have to pay so much" etc. etc.

cool truck driver who spends at least $100 a day on diesel: "F*** off."

SC: [looks annoyed, then looks scared, then takes cool guy's advice]

Haha, nice one. Definitely short and sweet, even with the reply.

I just don't get people that think that the price changes are pure profit for gas stations.. yeah, maybe a few of them run that way, but it's rare. People who decide to take it out on workers need to take a class in economics and suffer the boredom (even if it is good information!) I did in high school.
    Confirmed altoholic.

Comment

Does not this moron read the news ?
      "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Not only do they think these things, they think the guy manning the register is at fault.
        Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

It's not the gas stations fault. If the price raises were pure profit for the gas stations, somebody out there would be undercutting the market by 50 cents a gallon, and making it up in volume. The oil companies, on the other hand...
          The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

After you figure in the cost of the oil, refining, shipping, and taxes the oil companies make less than $.30 a gallon on gasoline. The government in fact makes more. And no ammount of ranting at the guy behind the register will change any of that.

Comment

wow, you mean there are retailers who actually do make money of fuel? Once you take into account thefts, we make a small loss. So we have lots of impulse buy items near the registers.

Comment

I hate people like this SC . Petrol here in NZ hit $2 a litre a few days ago and I haven't been at work since it happened yet.......I really don't want to work today .

Comment

My roommate passes a station on her way to work that hit $4.01 yesterday. Where I usually go is up to $3.97 this afternoon. And New Jersey tends to be slightly cheaper than the surrounding states.
                  I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                  I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                  It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                    My roommate passes a station on her way to work that hit $4.01 yesterday. Where I usually go is up to $3.97 this afternoon. And New Jersey tends to be slightly cheaper than the surrounding states.
                    I think I worked it out right, although conversion isn't my strong point.....I think we're paying about $5.77 a gallon in USD.

Comment

I paid $3.90 a gallon to fill the tank today before running errands...sure it was only half my tank but that's still about $25 of gas. But Thompson, CT (about 20 mins. from me) has passed the $4 mark.

Comment

Oregon average is about 4.05.
                        Glad I can walk to work.
                        Things just get so crazy living life gets hard to do. I would gladly hit the road, get up and go if I knew,that someday it would bring me back to you.

Comment

We just came to the $4 /gallon mark for gas in my area. The SC definitely needs to take a class in economics and government.
                          I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                          Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                          Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth edible_hat View Post
                            wow, you mean there are retailers who actually do make money of fuel? Once you take into account thefts, we make a small loss. So we have lots of impulse buy items near the registers.
                            No I was talking about the actual oil companies not the retailers. I've never heard of a retailer that made more that 6 or 7 cents a gallon.

Comment

OT: Nashida, I love your avatar.
                              "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Working...
                              X