This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mac Question

You all knew this would happen, didn't you?

My Macbook arrived on Thursday. I spent several hours before work letting it install updates, and copying my MP3's over to it before work. Spent a lot of time at work installing stuff I'm going to need/use and generally getting it set up the way I like it. So far, so good.

There is one setting I cannot find. After a few minutes, the screen dims, but doesn't darken completely. Even with the power settings are set to not blank out the screen for 3 hours, it still dims. This causes the screensaver (random images from my RPG Motivational Posters folder) to be almost impossible to see.

I like that I can pause and restart Itunes without stopping the screensaver. It kinda makes my nights at work go a bit smoother.

Eric the Grey
    In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Ok, Never mind. I continued to dig and found where the setting to turn that off is. All's well in the world.

Eric the Grey

Comment

Just to threadjack A colleague of mine installed Mac OS X to an Acer Aspire One - those mini-notebooks with a 9" display, 1GB RAM and 160GB HDD. Don't know 'bout the graphics card etc... But he said it works like a charm!
      A man can be stupid and not know it, but not if he is married.

Comment

Quoth pacman View Post
        Just to threadjack A colleague of mine installed Mac OS X to an Acer Aspire One -
        As I do believe it's Acer who manufactures all of Apple's laptop hardware, I'm not surprised.
        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth pacman View Post
          Just to threadjack A colleague of mine installed Mac OS X to an Acer Aspire One - those mini-notebooks with a 9" display, 1GB RAM and 160GB HDD. Don't know 'bout the graphics card etc... But he said it works like a charm!
          I tried to install the intel-OSX on one of my PC's a while back but it didn't work. Wouldn't even boot the disk.

Eric the Grey

Comment

Quoth Eric the Grey View Post
            Ok, Never mind. I continued to dig and found where the setting to turn that off is. All's well in the world.

Eric the Grey
            If you mean turning off the Energy Saver setting to "Automatically reduce the display brightness before display sleep", I've seen reports of a Mac OS X bug that causes that setting to be lost after a restart. I haven't tried it myself, though.

Comment

The dell mini whatever? is also a good choice for osx

Comment

Quoth Argus View Post
                If you mean turning off the Energy Saver setting to "Automatically reduce the display brightness before display sleep", I've seen reports of a Mac OS X bug that causes that setting to be lost after a restart. I haven't tried it myself, though.
                That was it exactly. Fortunately, the seem to have fixed that particular bug, since rebooting hasn't turned it off.

Update is bouncing at me. Gotta reboot...

Eric the Grey

Comment

Working...
                X