This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Ring of Death

I got it...and I looked it up here: http://editorials.teamxbox.com/xbox/...g-of-Death/p1/

By quadrants, do they mean clockwise or counter? Because one or the other means a major difference...

Tho only thing I can tell you is that if one controller is connected, and the unit is on it's side (ie not vertical) than the upper left quadrant is lit. That would lead me to assume that is the 'first quadrant' but who knows what those people specifically designated the first quadrant when they wrote that up.

Also, in the same situation, it's the upper right portion that lights when the second controller is connected.

sooooo clockwise......
    Hope that helps.

I can only pray I don't get a yellow light on my PS3 (same thing as red ring o death)
    I like things that go *bang!*

Comment

ok, standing up, it is the upper-right quadrant...but it keeps coming on after connecting/reconnecting the controls etc...

Comment

Contact Microsoft, its toast.

The good news: It is probably under warranty, so long as you haven't cracked the case to do any after-market work--new hard drive doesn't count. Once they've confirmed that it is dead with you over the phone (frustrating, because you've done most of what they'll ask already, but play along), you will be shipped a box and paid shipping lable to ship it to the repair center. Just follow all the instructions--especially to part about removing the game from the drive and the hard drive--and they will repair or replace it as needed.

Bad news: It will be 2-4 weeks at the repair center.

MS has been good to me the times I've had issue with my 360. Most of the shipping issues from early on are ironed out now. You probably won't have much trouble as long as you play along with the support agent when you call. Be ready to play with the connections on the 360 while on the phone with them.
        The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
        "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
        Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

i agree w/ Geek King.

my bro had one that had the red ring, and he fixed it himself using the "towel" method... unfortunately, it's only a temporary fix. He gave me the xbox, and i've fixed it twice myself... now going to go buy a new one sometime in the near future.

Comment

i just remembered, I had purchased the Best Buy warranty thing w/ it. at the time i thought it was a useless expense, but...

Comment

Working...
            X