Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We are having ups and downs at the moment...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We are having ups and downs at the moment...

A month ago I got engaged

Two weeks ago my mum found a lump in her breast.

At this very moment she undergoing surgery to remove the breast. She was found to have a cancerous lump which had sneaked into one lymph node but no further.

She'll be having chemo after this for 6 sessions to make sure they've got everything.

I'll update when I've heard she's out of surgery.

EDIT - just heard from her hubby that she's out of surgery and fast asleep in recovery
    Last edited by Lady Legira; 03-20-2013, 06:45 PM.
    As soon as I start thinking
    That I'm sensible and sane
    The Random Hedgehog comes along
    And fiddles with my Brain
    (from card I got)

Glad the surgery went well. Hopefully they catch everything!

Comment

Glad she came through surgery fine! Here is to a speedy recovery.

And congrats on getting engaged!
      Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

Here's to hoping everything is over with! Sending prayers for your mom's speedy recovery! Congrats to you as well!
        Some people just need a high five...

In the face with the back of a chair....

Comment

We saw our mum today and she was chirpy if a bit tired and sore. We could tell she was feeling better as she was making sure we were okay and doing general looking after us things. She is always looking after people so everyone is now telling her it is her turn to be looked after and many have offered help if needed.
          Final Fantasy XIV - Acorna Starfall - Ragnarok (EU Legacy)

Comment

Your mom sounds awesome. Congrats, LL! Didn't even know you were dating anyone.
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Thanks for the congrats

I haven't said much about me dating FL so don't feel too out of the loop. We've been together since about 6 months after my husband died. He knew my hubby so he understood some of what I've gone though. Even though he's got some problems (epilepsy and being a male domestic abuse victim) we are healing each other slowly.

Our mum is awesome. If she wrote a book on half of what she's been though people would say its too unbelievable she's a tough cookie with a heart of gold.
              (from card I got)

Comment

Good thoughts for your mother and congrats on your engagement!
                Remember, stressed spelled backwards is desserts.

Comment

/hugs

Grats on the engagement, and I will be praying for your mom. Hope she has a fast recovery, and that the chemo kicks the cancer in the cajones.
                  By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Sending positive thoughts your way. I will echo what Seraph says.
                    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

I just saw this! Glad your mom is recovering.

Grats on the engagement.

Comment

Saw her yesterday. She's getting tired easily but otherwise well apart from a cold (everyone has one as the moment, damn never-ending winter). She has a little extra fluid build up under her arm but she's getting that drained tomorrow.

She seems well otherwise though. Cheered her up to see her girls (our best friend who is pretty much an adopted sister drove us over). She's just keeping on trying to do things when she can and resting plenty when she can't.

(from card I got)

Comment

Working...
                        X