X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday - was pretty bad...

...and got worse at the end.

I got home from my morning job to find my oldest at home - the school sent everyone home because of no water.

My wife came home 30 minutes before I had to leave for my second job, and she told me that there was a bad accident on an intersection I used, so I left.

I got to my second job 5 minutes late. As I pulled into the lot, I saw a car, and thought that they're waiting patiently, so I parked. As soon as I got out of my car, my cell rang - it was the head office, wondering where I was and if I was going to open today. They said that a woman called in upset asking why it wasn't open. I explained to them what had happened, and got off the phone. It turns out, though, that the woman that called was part of the couple in the car. Explained the situation to them, and they seemed to take it well.

I got done at work, locked the door - and found that I locked my keys in the building. I called my wife with the spare keys so I could go home.

When I did, I figured what else could happen? Then, my wife told me about the accident. A little girl was killed - my 2nd youngest daughter's best friend. She stayed with the family that night. She is putting on a brave face, but she's really not taking it well.

Service is today, but I'm stuck at work because I need the hours to cover for last week when I was sick. I will go to the fundraiser later on. I did ask my daughter if she was going, but she at first didn't want to, but then said that she'd be going with another friend.

I am so sorry. Thats a horrible day for all involved. I'll pray for that girl and her family, as well as you all. This is hard. Hugs to you all.

Comment

Oh no! *lots of hugs and cookies and more hugs all around* Prayers and good thoughts too.
      1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
      -----
      http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Sorry for the delay, I wanted to say thanks to all who read or replied - my daughter seems to be doing better, but she rarely shows me any problems, she's better at talking to mom.

I didn't get a chance to go to the fundraiser either, they had it after the service and it was done before I got out of work. They had a donation fund set up at the local bank, so I made a donation there. I just haven't heard how the family's doing. I'll have to talk to my daughter and see how things are.

Comment

Working...
        X