This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *sighs*

Just got called to go into the office (which is in a different town) and nobody will tell me why..it is hardly ever a good thing. As if things are not bad enough.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Cross your fingers! Keep us updated. good luck.

Comment

Well, just got the call..I have been fired. No clue what I am going to do now.
      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
        No clue what I am going to do now.
        Apply for unemployment, contact anyone who knows you professionally to see if they need you, check other places too.
        They had broken you anyway, now you have a chance to heal.
        Why the h*ll? That's real morons in management.

Comment

Hang in there, Mytical. Keep persevering and things will work out, one way or another.

I'll second the recommendation to file for unemployment, then seriously start looking for a newer (and better) job.
          "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
          - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

I'm sorry Mytical.

I second and third the unemployment advice.

Based on what you've posted here, it sounds like your bosses were morons, how do they expect you to be in different places at the same time?
            https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

I am so sorry. Apply for unemployment ASAP.

Comment

Damn - did they give a reason why?

Rapscallion

Comment

Can't sleep, can't concentrate..seems nowhere to turn to...

The official reason is...my appearance. Despite having my shirts and pants drycleaned and ironed for EVERY day.
                  Last edited by Mytical; 06-06-2011, 11:00 PM.

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
                    Can't sleep, can't concentrate..seems nowhere to turn to...

The official reason is...my appearance. Despite having my shirts and pants drycleaned and ironed for EVERY day.
                    they need to be more specific, thats bs and i would suggest documented complaints or evidence of such. As unless you were written up or however it is, they cannot fire you for appearance reasons such as that.
                    or rather it seems that it is an excuse.
                    big hugs hopefully this can be dealt with and i know it sounds well bad. but this too shall pass, the hardest part is getting through it

Comment

For those who are interested..here is how 'At Will' employment is..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/At-will_employment

Comment

You know, any time I have been issued uniforms, there has been documentation - a document that we both signed when I got the issue, and a document we both signed when I turned it back in. Anything like that in your firing package?
                        EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

I still have to take the uniforms up to them (they are in a different city), but yes..there will be.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear that.
                            Hope you fine somewhere better soon!
                            Arp happens!

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.

Comment

People! I have just gotten some news, and this might turn out to be one of the best things that could have happened...I am trying to get in a Seminar course for my college where I would be creating graphics/ads/etc for companies..and it will count toward my degree also! If so..that would be a great thing for my resume.

Comment

Working...
                              X