This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck, Mytical!

(Do we have a cheerleader smiley here? Some threads really need one.)
    "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
    - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

*happy dances in lieu of a cheerleading smiley*
      1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
      -----
      http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

*drops a quick hug on Mytical before running off to work*

You have my number. Feel free to text anytime.

Comment

There you go. Sometimes these things are blessings. And there are worse things than being unemployed. And by that I mean sometimes it takes a good firing to teach you that that you're capable of more, to clear out your appointment book so that you can focus on better things. Like this.

Good luck. And in the meantime, file for unemployment. There's no shame in that. That's part of your due as someone who has contributed to the workforce. It's not free money, you paid into it. So take it.

Comment

Have already filed from unemployment, talked to the teacher in charge of the program I am interested in to learn what I need to get in and am working on that..*is excited*
            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Good luck!
              Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
              Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

would I by prying if I asked what happened? the others seem familiar but I am not.

In any case I am sorry about you losing your job. It really sucks. I been there. It's even more painful when it's for a bullcrap reason, something you didn't do, or something you were singled out for.

the sad thing is that "at will" means they don't have to give you any reason at all. I hate that. they say it makes it fair for both sides, but that's like saying you have a 10 year old and a professional heavyweight boxer and both of them are allowed to hit each other as hard as they can.

i think companies should legally have to have good cause to fire someone. if they fire you for stealing, they have to prove it. if they fire you for being late, they have to fire EVERYONE who's late. if they fire you for being gay, well, you just got rich.

Comment

Not going to be able to participate in the other thing either..open only to people who have had the teacher running it before.which is BS. Anyhow, their official reason was appearance but they are unwilling to say what exactly was wrong with my appearance.
                  Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

I'm wondering if it's a racial thing. But then, they wouldn't have hired you to begin with.
                    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I doubt it is a racial thing, but .. technically they didn't..they just kept me on..let me explain.

When I first started where I was working at..I worked for another company .. lets call them "Security Force One." About 3 years after that, the new company "Security Force Two.' underbid them..so "Med Force One" (the place I was working at) waved goodbye to "Security Force One.", but asked that "Security Force Two" keep all current employees. Yeah it is a bit complicated.

When I worked for "SF1" they couldn't sing my praises loud enough..guess that made me some sort of threat for "SF2"..*shrugs*

Comment

So essentially they were just ready to get rid of the old crew.

Sorry to hear about you losing your job. But I'm sure you'll find something else soon.
                        My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

I don't suppose "SF1" need more employees just now but it won't hurt to ask. At least they may know of someone else who is hiring.

Comment

I hate that 'at will' crap. Most employers don't use it as it was intended, to get rid of bad employees. They use it to get rid of people that they find annoying.

Comment

I live in an at-will state... and if it wasn't such a laid-back state (as far as I've encountered), then I'd be far more scared. It stinks.
                              At least you can file for unemployment!
                              So are you still able to go back to school, Mytical? I hope you don't lose your place (you've mentioned that before as a possibility...)
                              "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
                              "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Oh I've been back for some time..part time..so that is not a worry. I just won't be eligible for that seminar class I wanted.

Comment

Working...
                                X