This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 21st Birthday Suggestions

So my 21st birthday is in 2 months. In Australia, you can drink when you're 18.

And I have NO idea what I want to do for it.

Any suggestions?
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Is 21 really a big thing there, then? The only reason it's a big age here is cuz you get to drink...(I didn't; my birthday was on a Tuesday that year and I had homework to do. My big celebration for the day was getting someone to cover my work shift. Went out with my friends the weekend before because the following weekend was Fall Break, so my first official legal drink was ... with my parents. Lame. )
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I was sick for my 21st birthday so I wasn't drinking then :P

I don't make a big deal of birthdays, I just use it as an excuse to see people. Decide where you want to have dinner, send out a mass email to the people you want there telling them when/where it is and swing it from there :P

Comment

Drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink drink and then have a drink.

Of course, this is coming from the guy who not only doesn't remember how he got home on his 21st birthday, but doesn't remember how he got home on is 41st birthday, or where the fuck his glasses are. Though they may be at a bar I don't remember being at, that a friend told me I was at, that has some glasses, so I'm off to see if those are, in fact, mine. Then I get to try to figure out not only how I got home from said bar, but why in the hell I would leave my glasses (which I can't see much without) there.

That being said.....go have some drinks!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

21?
          Vegas Baby!!!!
          I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

Well, considering the fact my 21st b-day was just a night out to dinner with some friends and a realization that I dislike sangria...

I'd say just go out with friends and enjoy yourself! Do something you like.
            My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Rugz and I tend to have birthday parties at home with loads of good food and drinks, it's just easier for us. We tend to have day-evening parties, so that all our friends can drop in regardless of shift work or having kids that need to go to bed early. Our girls go to Nan's house after dinner, so that we can have a few drinks if we want and we don't need to worry about them getting their hands on unattended drinks or woken up by loud people.
              Drunk, tipsy or sober, kids games are always a hit. Sounds odd, but stuff like Uno Stacko, Hungry Hungry Hippos and Billionaire are great for a bit of friendly competition and loads of joking. We tend to play poker as well and fight it out on the slot car track.
              Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

I have some ideas but seein' how this is a family-friendly forum....
                "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

DRINK! Have a night or day out with friends and/or loved ones or go all out and party like a rockstar! Take a cruise or go to Vegas or Atlantic City!
                  I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                  Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                  Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

I'm in Australia so can't really hit up Vegas. But if I'm ever in the States, I plan on doing a CS.com road trip .

My boyfriend went to a strip club for HIS 21st (pub crawl ending with strip club). Unfortunately there are no male strip clubs in Adelaide, except for one which is a private show.

I'll probably be drinking because I've been off of the seroquel for a while now and I'm doing OK, just having the odd crisis here and there, but they've become shorter in duration. So if I do drink, it'll be mild. Especially given that the LAST time my boyfriend got completely smashed, he wound up in the hospital.
                    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth Mishi View Post
                      Drunk, tipsy or sober, kids games are always a hit. Sounds odd, but stuff like Uno Stacko, Hungry Hungry Hippos and Billionaire are great for a bit of friendly competition and loads of joking. We tend to play poker as well and fight it out on the slot car track.
                      Don't forget JENGA!

And yeah, maybe go barhopping, but rather than just drinking, treat it like a bachelorette party. Just get CRAZY!

Here's a hint, parents....never leave your kids' birthday planning to me if they are of age. Because I am guaranteed to get them fubarred!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                      Still A Customer."

Comment

I don't know what you should do. Something fun. For my 21st b-day, I got really drunk and made out with my BFF in front of Hubs and BFF's mom. We went to reggae night at a local brewpub, and then went to the club next door for a drag show. Apparently, we also saw a movie at BFF's place afterwards, though I have no recollection of that at all. (Though I do recall BFF pissing her pants in a cafe restroom and passing out halfway up the staircase to her room.) Overall, it was a fun night, at least the pieces I remember, so maybe you can do something similar?
                        Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Working...
                        X