This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• update on my former apartment complex

Some of you may recall my various rants here about frequent apartment inspections, and that being one of the reasons I was inspired to move when my lease was up. It seems as though that sort of thing is still going on there - I ran into someone at church yesterday who had lived on the other side of the complex, she has recently moved out, so I was curious about what her new place was like.

Apparently she had problems with the property manager (I'll call her "Karen") frequently showing up at her door saying she needed to do an inspection, and would get fussed at about her dogs shedding hair on the carpet and other cleaning-related issues. Which gives some weight to my theory that "Karen" WAS indeed fussy about residents and their housekeeping skills, and this was the "real" purpose of some of the inspections that took place when I still lived there.

Not to defend "karen" in any way and I really do hate when apt managers get into your business....BUT maybe she had really bad experiences with people in the past being really horrible or something. And now is paranoid.....she could have someone on her back from the mgmt company too....and while an apartment is a renter's home it's still someone else's owned property and I can't blame them for wanting them clean.

At one complex I lived in my next door neighbors were PIGS. The white floor in their entry way was black with dirt. There was garbage and junk all over the floor. The guy that lived there would pee on the ground in front of his door...where *I* had to walk btw. They disgusted me and I was so glad when they finally moved out. If I had that kind of problem and was a manger somewhere I would probably be making damn sure no one was wrecking the place like that.

People in general are pigs, especially in apartments.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
    Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

I couldn't speak for the other residents in the complex, but to give an example of one concern I had - the previous management company had used some kind of cheapy paint/covering on the counters in my apartment, and if you spilled anything other than water on them, it left a permanent stain.

Comment

gah. And yet my bf has issues getting an apartment simply because of awkward credit. (he's the type, as am I, to clean everything cleaner than it ever has been before a move. On my end, I blame it on the few times my family and I moved when I was a kid-- military demands that the place be spotless before you leave. )
        "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
        "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Quoth teh_blumchenkinder View Post
          gah. And yet my bf has issues getting an apartment simply because of awkward credit. (he's the type, as am I, to clean everything cleaner than it ever has been before a move. On my end, I blame it on the few times my family and I moved when I was a kid-- military demands that the place be spotless before you leave. )
          I end up having to pay a ridiculous deposit because of credit, and I have been outright refused before due to credit. I realize that's important to a degree but they just base it on a score and don't listen to circumstances. My score is crap right now but I'm in the process of getting shit paid off and it will get better, just not for a few years yet.
          https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
          Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Working...
          X