Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KiaKat, hope you feel better soon for a second audition! The fact that they're giving you a second chance must mean that they saw some potential, right?

Comment

Thanks for the good wishes, everyone. I'm feeling a touch better today, though I'm still not 100%, and when I tried to do scales, it was a miserable failure.

I like to think they see potential in me. Two of the three-person panel were my choir director and her husband, and they've both heard me sing in practice. Hell, the choir director is the one who set me as leader of the first sopranos, so she *definitely* must hear something.

It's frustrating, though. Every time I have an audition for something, I blow it due to being sick or injured. I'm not fragile, I just look that way because of shit like this!

Comment

Holy SHIT people. I'm friggen HYPER.

Apparently I'm part of that percentage of people who get incredibly hyper and giggly on Prednesone. My boss and coworker have NO idea what to do with me.

Comment

Quoth KiaKat View Post
          I like to think they see potential in me. Two of the three-person panel were my choir director and her husband, and they've both heard me sing in practice. Hell, the choir director is the one who set me as leader of the first sopranos, so she *definitely* must hear something.

It's frustrating, though. Every time I have an audition for something, I blow it due to being sick or injured. I'm not fragile, I just look that way because of shit like this!
          Of course they see the potential in you, they have more then two brain cells to rub together. Still want to hear that recording when your voice is in top notch shape. As for fragile..when we were at DC you pulled off a near impossible feat..I can not even put fragile in the same sentence. Not with you that is.
          Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth KiaKat View Post
            My boss and coworker have NO idea what to do with me.
            Tell them to get a tranq gun for these situations. Can't go wrong with a tranq gun.

Well, now that I think about it, you can, can't you?

Comment

Boss had to keep telling me to get to the point today. Apparently I get even MORE rambly and ADD when I'm high on steroids.

Comment

Quoth KiaKat View Post
                Boss had to keep telling me to get to the point today. Apparently I get even MORE rambly and ADD when I'm high on steroids.
                ROID RAMBLY!!

Comment

Quoth KiaKat View Post
                  I vote we go on a road trip with a video camera to get proof of this.

You sound like fun right now.
                  Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

Well, as expected, I didn't get into the Madama Butterfly choir. However, they have other roles to cast (they're doing a Bway tribute, and will need ensemble casting), so they want to hear me again.

My upper register came back on Monday, and yesterday's choir practice was the easiest I've had since I started a couple months ago. Looks like yes, I am still a 1st soprano, and yes, my upper register ROCKS. F(5)? NAILED. A#(6)? BAM.

Comment

<highfives!> Go Kia!
                      By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Working...
                      X