Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure if it is a Twilight Zone episode or not, but there was one about a man who thinks he is in heaven..but is actually NOT (he is in the other place). He is a gambler, and learns he can not lose unless he wants to and comments...

"I don't think I belong in heaven" or some such..and the 'devil' comments. "Who said you were in heaven."
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Yes, that's a Twilight Zone episode. The man says he's tired of heaven, and tells his "angel" that he wants to go to "the other place".

The "angel" replies, "This is the other place."

Comment

Ah ok ... thank you . Me and my memory sometime...
        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

One truly fantastic episode is "Once upon a Time", with the incomparable Buster Keaton (my favorite). I think Rod Serling must have been a huge fan of his too, because Buster and his costar act out a skit that Buster did with Roscoe Arbuckle in his early days, during the silent era - and it was just as good then as it was almost fifty years earlier.

Comment

Ooooh!
            Some of my favorites:

"I Shot An Arrow Into the Air": Astronauts crashland on an asteroid, and turn on each other. Good twist at the end.

"A Stop at Willoughby"
            But I always skip the last few seconds. The bit with the hearse just ruins it, for me.

"The Invaders"
            No dialogue, at all, except for at the end, but still one of the creepiest episodes.
            Random Doctor Who quote:
            "I'm sorry about your coccyx, too, Miss Grant."

I has a gallery: deviantART gallery.
            I also has a "funny" blog: Aqu Improves Her Craft

Comment

Quoth Eireann View Post
              Yeah, you wouldn't have known it to see his Twilight Zone performances, but Joseph Schildkraut was absolutely stunning during his heyday in the silent era. He was a great actor.
              THey actually played Death's-Head Revisited last Twilight Zone-thon they did. Stunning and very strong episode.
              Quoth Aethian View Post
              The fact some of you can name the titles I'm in awe of. I think my all time favorite was where they made the librarian obsolete and he took the judge with him.
              The Obsolete Man, if I remember correctly. Excellent episode.

Do they have a DVD set with every episode? Back when the VCR tapes came out it wasn't every episode.
              EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
                The fact some of you can name the titles I'm in awe of .
                Google and IMBD is my friend

Comment

What was the one about the woman having plastic surgery because she was "so ugly" but actually she's gorgeous, and all the other people are the ugly ones?
                  When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I don't know the proper titles but among my favorites are Talking Tina, Main Street, To Serve Man, the Shatner/airplane episode and the one with Carol Burnett and her guardian angel.

I refer to those emails you get at work to let you know so and so no longer works there as "sent to the cornfield" emails.

Does anyone remember Night Gallery? Those were way creepier, in my opinion, than his Twilight Zone episodes.

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
                      Not sure if it is a Twilight Zone episode or not, but there was one about a man who thinks he is in heaven..but is actually NOT (he is in the other place). He is a gambler, and learns he can not lose unless he wants to and comments...

"I don't think I belong in heaven" or some such..and the 'devil' comments. "Who said you were in heaven."
                      There was a similar one I loved (not positive if it was TZ or Outer Limits, actually). Starred John Astin (Gomez Adams). He was in a parlor with a couple showing their holiday photos on and on and on.... Basically, it was their heaven, his hell.

Madness takes it's toll....
                      Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
                        The fact some of you can name the titles I'm in awe of. I think my all time favorite was where they made the librarian obsolete and he took the judge with him.
                        "The Obsolete Man" with Burgess Meredith

Quoth Mytical View Post

Quoth Eireann View Post
                        Yes, that's a Twilight Zone episode. The man says he's tired of heaven, and tells his "angel" that he wants to go to "the other place".

The "angel" replies, "This is the other place."
                        "A Nice Place to Visit" with Larry Blythe

Quoth aqutalion View Post
                        Ooooh!
                        Some of my favorites:

"I Shot An Arrow Into the Air": Astronauts crashland on an asteroid, and turn on each other. Good twist at the end.

"A Stop at Willoughby"
                        But I always skip the last few seconds. The bit with the hearse just ruins it, for me.

"The Invaders"
                        No dialogue, at all, except for at the end, but still one of the creepiest episodes.
                        The first 2 are on my favorites list, but I can't stand "The Invaders".

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                        What was the one about the woman having plastic surgery because she was "so ugly" but actually she's gorgeous, and all the other people are the ugly ones?
                        Originally it was "A Private World of Darkness", but it was renamed to "Eye of the Beholder"

Quoth auntiem View Post
                        I don't know the proper titles but among my favorites are Talking Tina, Main Street, To Serve Man, the Shatner/airplane episode and the one with Carol Burnett and her guardian angel.

I refer to those emails you get at work to let you know so and so no longer works there as "sent to the cornfield" emails.

Does anyone remember Night Gallery? Those were way creepier, in my opinion, than his Twilight Zone episodes.
                        #1) "Living Doll" with Telly Savalas (doll voiced by June Foray)
                        #2) "The Monsters are Due on Maple St." I believe.
                        #4) "Nightmare at 20,000 Feet" (remade for the movie with John Lithgow)
                        #5) "Cavender is Coming" was actually a remake of an earlier TZ episode called "Mr. Bevis" starring Orson Bean. Both were intended to be backdoor pilots to their own series, but neither series got made. Cavender is Coming is also the only TZ episode with a laugh track.
                        #6) "It's a Good Life" with Billy Mumy and Cloris Leachman (remade for the movie) and sequeled in the 2002 series with Mumy returning with Leachman, and Liliana, his daughter.

No IMDB for me, I watched them too many times.

SC
                        "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

My favorite episode is The Odyssey of Flight 33.

Other favorites include In Praise of Pip, and A Game Of Pool, which was Jonathan Winters' first dramatic role. Both of these starred Jack Klugman.
                          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                            My favorite episode is The Odyssey of Flight 33.

Other favorites include In Praise of Pip, and A Game Of Pool, which was Jonathan Winters' first dramatic role. Both of these starred Jack Klugman.
                            "The Odyssey of Flight 33" starred John Anderson, who played Gabriel in another Jack Klugman episode (another of my favorites as well as all of the others mentioned by IA) "Passage for Trumpet".

I liked "A Game of Pool" with Klugman and Winters, but I also enjoyed the 80's take starring Esai Marales and Maury Chaykin, where the end is changed from the original.

SC
                            "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

Quoth BroSCFischer View Post
                              The one that sticks out to me more than any other is "Time Enough at Last". I wear glasses, and enjoy reading, so it's the one that gets to me every time.
                              Me too! Plus I'm a voracious reader. I totally sympathized with the main character.

Another one that got me was "It's A Good Life". That one was creepy!
                              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                              My LiveJournal
                              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

"It's A Good Life" now reminds me of stories on this board in which parents approve of whateeeever their little precious darlings do. Now, that's creepy.
                                "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
                                X