This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flood

In a small town which is being flooded the National Guard and volunteers are evacuating residents. The town's pastor looks out the window and sees to men in a rowboat, by now the water had reached the 1st story of his house. One of the men in the boat says, "Hey, bud, we're evacuating the town you need to get out." The pastor waves away the boat saying, " I am waiting for the Lord to give me a sign to leave." The men row away. Soon the water is up to the second floor, and a motorboat happens by, "We're evacuating the town, you need to get out." The man in the motorboat tells the pastor. Again the pastor sends him away saying he is looking for a sign from God. Now the flooding is up to the roof, a National Guard chopper flies overhead, and the pilot says. " Sir we are evacuating the town, you need to leave now." The pastor again refuses their help telling his would-be rescuers that he was waiting for a sign from God. Well, the water level raises and the pastor drowns. Up in heaven he talks to Saint Peter who is looking over the pastor's life history.
    "I kept waiting for a sign, and none came, " the pastor says discouraged, " What happened?"
    St. Peter looks up and says, "That's what we wanted to know, we sent two boats and a helicopter."
Working...
X