Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use a clip board to write down and keep a running tab on what I'm spending for groveries. Many times I even have a grocery list that I'm going by. I don't work at this store, don't look anything like one of their workers and STILL I get people asking me where things are. And when I give them a blank look they get very irate and emphasize on what they are looking for. When I say I don't work there they get all huffy, "But your holding a clip board you MUST work here."

O.o Uh huh....oooo kay?

Comment

As far as employees on break goes - it's an attitude thing, and it's from both sides.

If the employee is on break and politely notifies the customer who asks that they'll find someone else to help them, or directs them to the proper place, good deal. If the employee gets pissy with me for simply asking if they can help, politely, especially if I don't push the issue once they say they're on break, then we've got a problem.

ETA: Included in the above is my opinion that, even if you're on break, you're at work and representing your employer, so outright ignoring the customer is unacceptable.

Same goes for customers. If the customer politely asks the employee for help, and accepts a polite "I'm sorry, I'm on break, but..." then it's all good. If the customer insists the employee on break helps them, or refuses to accept direction to someone who can help them, customer is a jackass.
      "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

I usually point them in the direction of Customer Services; the checkout station is right by there, so there's always going to be someone to help them. However, I am not spending my precious teabreak helping someone who doesn't need specifically ME to help them; just a random staff member. And yes, some people do get an attitude when you tell them; I've had someone get pissy with me after I'd emerged from the staff area in bike leathers and carrying my lid and strange to say, I refused to walk to the other end of the store to get something for them. -.-
        People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
        My DeviantArt.

Comment

When I was still working for [Computer America], one of my friends worked next door at Office Max so sometimes I would wander over there to shoot the breeze when I got off work or on lunchbreak. Our uniforms were bright red, theirs were dark blue.

I don't know how many times I'd have people wander up to me asking where things were while I was in there. At first I was polite and just told them I worked next door and didn't know where things were. But after it had happened a multitude of times, I decided to be not so nice about it and have some fun. Sometimes someone would ask me for something simple like white-out and I would just point in a random direction and say 'Over there!' or give them a random aisle number like 17 when there were only 15 aisles. I even told one person "Man, I don't know where that shit is. Go ask someone who cares."

The best part is when he asked for my name, I gave him my friend's because he got to do whatever he wanted in that store and I knew he wouldn't get in trouble. I truly wish I could do that more often.
          Last edited by LambChop; 04-09-2008, 03:34 PM.
          Some people are like slinkies,
          They don't really serve a purpose,
          But they still bring a smile to your face
          When you push them down the stairs.

Comment

Working...
          X