Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SC unhappy about getting what he asked for.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My sister worked in a large auto part chain for about 3 years, so I heard lots of stories from her similar to the OP's. The thing that really irritated her though was when she would answer the phone, and the person on the other side would demand that she give the phone to a male, assuming that because she was a female she couldn't possibly help them correctly. Of course, about 90% of the time the guys she gave the phone to had to give it back and let her answer since they didn't know.
    Bears, Beets, Battlestar Galactica

Comment

Pity I missed this thread until now...

Quoth greensinestro View Post
      You know, a few years back, I remember Paul Harvey's radio show where he talked about people who had no idea what fluids went into what areas of the car. He advertised for some company on this, saying all you have to know is what color the fluid is. If you look in a certain compartment and see yellow fluid, then you buy yellow fluid. Or if it's green, you buy green. Or, if it's orange, etc.
      Unfortunately, you're screwed if that fluid is black. (Is it old motor oil? Old tranny fluid? Old transfer case fluid? Old differential oil? It's like a horrible guessing game. >.<)

Quoth garth1 View Post
      See, this is what we would have if Microsoft built cars, and we get the "blue screen of death".
      Why would anybody buy a car that crashes five times a day?
      I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

He advertised for some company on this, saying all you have to know is what color the fluid is. If you look in a certain compartment and see yellow fluid, then you buy yellow fluid. Or if it's green, you buy green. Or, if it's orange, etc.
        And they don't sell it in transparent bottles. (Except for blue screen wash).
        "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Working...
        X