This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Mom = Sc

My uncle told me this story about my mom.

He and her were shopping at one of the grocery stores that doesnt bag your stuff. Not the super big bulk stores but kind of in the middle compared to the little chain stores.

Well my mom fills up her cart and they go to checkout. My uncle (who is funny and likes to see my mom pulling SC crap) just stands behind her. The grocerys are piling up at the end of the counter and just sitting there. Right before she goes to pay she asked where the baggers are. The cashier tells her she has to bag the stuff herself.

My mom went into SC mode and had to have that sentence repeated to her a number of times before asking for a supervisor. Sup came over, my mom "Why do I have to bag them, other stores do it themselves." Typical cool manager style he just says thats how it works here.

Be ready for it..............

Mom said "well im not doing it and if no one will then screw this store" Then just walked out, leaving all the groceries on the counter.

Miyon
    Miyon

Seduce, Let Loose, The Vision and The Void - Coil

All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain - Blade Runner

*face palms* I am glad to say my Mom hasn't done anything SC...that I know of.

Comment

Wow...and he likes to watch that go one!?!?!?!

Comment

My uncle lives in CA and me, mom, dad, in ohio. So yeah he thinks its freaken hilarious what my Mom does. We could start a new thread all about just her. But my Uncle is down to earthy so while my mom waited in the car, he helped return some of the stuff.
        Miyon

Seduce, Let Loose, The Vision and The Void - Coil

All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain - Blade Runner

Comment

Some guy told me about a friend of his that did that in England once. (This was after I thanked him for bagging his own damn groceries) Is it true that you have to bag your own in every store there? If so, I need to look into emigrating.
          The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

I like your uncle. :P

Seriously, why do people act this way? "I want it my way or no way at all, NYAAHHH!" How do these people get this old, and advance this far, and still act like this? If this was a video game, I'd say they eBayed...
            I am a Blank Space for spacing purposes, ignore me.
            In order to treat someone as your equal, you first need to believe both: that they are your equal, and that you are their's.

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
              Some guy told me about a friend of his that did that in England once. (This was after I thanked him for bagging his own damn groceries) Is it true that you have to bag your own in every store there? If so, I need to look into emigrating.
              Most places over here you'd bag your own stuff, but a lot of the larger superstores now ask if you need help bagging - we still don't spring for a bagger though, the cashier does it themselves.
              ONI HEUIR NI FEDIR

Comment

Yep. We bag our own. At my local supermarket, some of the cashiers will put frozen items into a bag together, but that is about as far as it goes.

It is fascinating to read about the differences between Amarican and British practices on these boards. The only drive-thruoghs we have are fast food places, yet in the US it sound like there are drive thru bank, pharmacies and more.

We still have SCs though.
                "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

It all really depends on where you go. There is a local shop near me that bags them themselves. Others I have to do mine own.
                  Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                  San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Quoth cinema guy View Post
                    The only drive-thruoghs we have are fast food places, yet in the US it sound like there are drive thru bank, pharmacies and more.

Did you know that we have drive thru liquor stores too?
                    no joke
                    http://www.vilecity.com/index.php?r=221271
                    Cyberpunk mayhem!

Comment

Quoth symposes View Post
                      Did you know that we have drive thru liquor stores too?
                      no joke

Surely this simply encourages drunken driving? :P j/k
                      ONI HEUIR NI FEDIR

Comment

It is fascinating to read about the differences between Amarican and British practices on these boards. The only drive-thruoghs we have are fast food places, yet in the US it sound like there are drive thru bank, pharmacies and more.
                        Drive-thru weddings in Vegas! Now that's class!
                        "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Only Drive-Thru You can find here apart from Fast Food, of course is the ubiquitous Drive-Thru Liquor store , and a couple of Drive Thru Pharmacies scattered around the place. I think the main part of it is how much its used. Fuel in the UK And Europe is a lot more expensive then in the rest of the world, the population density, etc in regards to traveling for goods... and less reliance on cars of course.

On the bagging policy, a lot of the smaller, independent or boutique supermarkets require that you bag your own, but thats more because of the way they're laid out, and the fact that most people are popping in for convenience purposes rather than to do their whole weekly shopping. I can't think of a Major chain supermarket here though that doesn't do the bagging for you.
                          - Boochan

Comment

Yep. We bag our own. At my local supermarket, some of the cashiers will put frozen items into a bag together, but that is about as far as it goes.

In Australia the cashier bags as well as scans. we only have drive through take aways here

and SCs are all over the world

Comment

Working...
                            X