X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fun hotel phone convos

A bit too vague:

Me: *speal*
    SC on phone (3am): Are you having an event there?
    Me: We have many different groups here all of the time, is there a name for the group you are with?
    SC: Well....do you have something going on with baseball this weekend?
    me: (what did I just ask you?) Well, I am not sure if we are having your group in, so I need to ask what group you are with.
    SC: You are the only (hotel name) in town, right?
    me: Yes we are the only one open currently.
    SC: Well, we have reservations there then.
    me: Okay (worried at this point), what is the last name for the room?
    SC: (name)
    Me: (oh thank God) Yep, we have you here.
    SC: Okay! *perky* We will see you this weekend then!
    me: okay *only half as perky*
    What the hell was that weird convo about at 3am Mountain time???

You would think people would know more about their meetings/seminars then I do
    SC over phone: Hi, I was wondering if (group name) is having a meeting there tomorrow?
    Me: I am not sure, let me check out Sales information. Can you hold, please?
    SC: Yes (puts on hold)
    Me: Thank you for holding. Yes, they are.
    SC: Okay. Where in the hotel will that be?
    Me: According to this in the (conference room name), which is at the end of the hall on the first floor (I have learned my lesson about being vague).
    SC: okay... What time does it start?
    Me: (wow...you sure have your ducks together don't ya) I am not sure, let me see if I can find that information (thank God Sales put the info at the desk, usually it's a "I am sorry, no I don't). 8am.
    SC: Wow, that is early...okay...well how do I get to your property?
    Me: We are just off of (interstate #), Exit (#).
    SC: Okay, I am coming from the west, tell me how exactly to get there.
    Me: Take that exit, take a left off of the exit, a left at the light, and an immediate left like you are going to the Mcy D's on the corner...follow the road down & we are down the street a couple blocks.
    SC: okay...say that again
    Me: *repeat with some interruptions on directions to make sure the pee-on on the phone actually knows what she is talking about*
    Closing pleasantries (this type of conversations happens a great deal)

one from a couple years ago
    SC: Hi, I live in (same town, 107,000 people total), but I have never heard of your hotel. I have a meeting there tomorrow, can you tell me how to get there or what you are near?
    Me: Sure. (naming landmarks we are by that most people have heard of/seen before, also state exit number from interstate).
    SC: Okay...is that by *another exit number* for *street name*
    Me: No we are an exit away from them, we are (#) they are (#-1)
    SC: I still have no idea where you are. I have never heard of any of those places you listed. I rarely leave (part of town known for upperclass, nice residences), and only shop downtown (nice shopping area, expensive). I never go to other places here (says it like the very thought just make her pretty hands dirty).
    Me: (kinda annoyed at her dumb, uppity-ness, but keep trying to help). Well (since I now know kinda where she is at), you know (main street downtown)?
    SC: yes
    Me: Well, at the end of that is the Interstate, take that & go west one exit. You will see (landmarks, directions, etc), hotel place etc.
    SC: okay, well I hope I can find it. Thank you....
    Me: You are welcome (lord lady...it's okay, I am not sending you to the bad part of (the small Montana) town to get mugged for God's sake! And to think, we are a lower upper class hotel...odd. She needs to get out more...
    Last edited by thehippie777; 04-09-2008, 09:38 AM.
    When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers. ---Colleen C. Barrett---
Working...
X