This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A different kind of extreme couponing

Customer: I have a coupon for five <snacks> for $5. I only want one right now. I'll get the rest later.

Employee: What do you mean by later?

Customer: I'll just get one now, then you can write on my coupon that I still get four more.

Employee: I'm sorry, but to use the coupon, you'll need to buy all five at once.

Customer: But I only need one, and it says I can use it up to five times!

Employee: I'm sorry, but it actually says you can use the same coupon for five sets of five snacks, up to 25 in your order.

Customer: Well, that's pretty ridiculous. Who would want 25 snacks at once? I'll just have one. How much is that?

Employee: $1.50 plus tax, ma'am.

Customer: Do you have a senior discount?

Employee: We offer 50 cent fountain drinks to seniors.

Customer: I don't want a drink. Can't you just take 50 cents off my total?

Employee: I'm sorry, I'm afraid we can't do that.

Customer: Well... okay. You drive a hard bargain.

Employee: Your total is <total>, and I'll see you at the window. Thank you!

Me, to Employee: What is your secret to staying sane? Meditation? Medication? I need to try it.

Thankfully, I was making the food and not serving it this day, so I didn't have to deal with the customer face to face. I only heard the exchange through the drive-through speaker.

Quoth CarcinogenCrunchies View Post
    Customer: Well, that's pretty ridiculous. Who would want 25 snacks at once?
    Oh, I dunno. Hungry people? People with friends who they haven't driven away by being ANNOYING?!

Comment

Quoth Valentinian View Post
      Oh, I dunno. Hungry people? People with friends who they haven't driven away by being ANNOYING?!
      People who have spawned children. People who know that a chocolate bar isn’t going to go bad overnight and will happily stock up. People with a sweet tooth? Sugar addicts? Maybe to give as a food donation... there’s plenty of reasons.
      Don’t worry about what I’m up to. Worry about why you are worried about what I’m up to.

Comment

Snacks

Quoth Valentinian View Post
        Vending machine have a best before date. It is long, but a friend of mine worked for a large vending machine company so it was normal to clear out the older/non-selling snacks. Often, items were not that old but the vending machine was where some products were not what people there want.

When the role-playing group had a meeting, there he would be with an armful of snacks. I assure you that 10 teenagers and early twenty year-olds doing a long weekend role-play session (Traveler) can go thru a lot of snacks. 25-1 coupons would find us doing separate visits to get a good supply.

Comment

Heh. When my college choir sold candy as a fundraiser, I was able to meet most of my sales target by bringing said candy to my weekly D&D group...
          “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
          One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
          The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Working...
          X