X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My intuition proved right once again!

Lovely.

We have a couple of guests who are on the second night of their two-night stay. They have "a lot of stuff," and a dog.

This morning they complained that their beds were dirty, with stains on the sheets and a "film" on the blanket. Most likely, as is almost always the case, the "stains" on the sheets were mineral stains, which we get when the housekeepers stuff the washing machines too full. The water around here is is little more than dissolved rock, and when the machines are too full the water can't circulate properly, ergo mineral stains are deposited on the sheets.

The first shift clerk promised them the housekeepers would take extra special care of the room, and I have no doubt that they would have, had the guests not left their dog in the room. Our houskeepers will not enter a room with an animal in it, especially not since a guest at one of our other hotels put their horse in the room while they went out to lunch and a housekeeper was nearly kicked.

So, the room did not get any care at all, much less special care. I sensed that the guests would be quite upset about this and not fifteen minutes ago my suspicions were confirmed.

Their argument is the dog was in a cage, and the housekeepers should have just opened the door to check and see that it was in a cage. My position is that the housekeepers, when they hear a dog, have no way of knowing that if they open the door, a rabid doberman isn't going to go for their throat.

The guests maintain this is a huge inconvenience, and they're very upset. We have plenty of rooms available today, as it is after the weekend rush, but moving is apparently too much trouble, what with their mountains of belongings. The kicker? They've kept one of our luggage carts in their room the entire time, denying the use of it to guests who might actually need it. All they'd have to do is pile their crap on the cart they've been keeping the entire time.

Can we all say, together now, "Entitlement Whores?"

Good! Next week, we'll try conjugating!

At any rate, EW1 says she'll write up this experience post haste on the internet, and that ought to fix us but good. I wonder how she'd feel if she knew I'd beaten her to it. EW2 could be heard in the background expressing shock and dismay at the situation.

What it boils down to though, is that they not only feel themselves entitled to keep one of only two luggage carts in their room -- because they have "a lot of stuff" and are apparently much more important than anyone else here who might need to wheel their luggage around -- but they feel that our housekeepers should potentially risk their lives in order to provide them with clean sheets.

What I wonder is why these people waited until morning to complain. I had to deliver a refrigerator to their room yesterday and plainly saw that they had turned down the beds and were hanging out in sheet-licious style. If there really were problems, they should have noticed them a hell of a lot sooner than this morning.

I have half a mind to call them up and suggest they write up this experience on PFB or My3Cents, so let's all keep our eyes peeled for complaints about hotels in Hendersonville, NC. You're my dedicated network of spies, people, so go forth and skulk!
    Last edited by Antisocial_Worker; 07-09-2006, 11:03 PM.
    Drive it like it's a county car.

I never made it past;
    especially not since a guest at one of our other hotels put their horse in the room while they went out to lunch and a housekeeper was nearly kicked.
    "First time I ever seen a chainsaw go down anybody's britches,"

Comment

Okay, HH. Please tell us the story of how a HORSE got into a hotel room!

As for the EWs and their dog--I don't blame the housekeepers for not going into the room, especially if they hear the animal growling or barking. I'd bet the EWs in question wouldn't welcome a dogbite lawsuit.

Comment

The horse is pretty simple... Not all of our hotels are like this one, where you have to come inside and use interior hallways to get to your room. One of our properties is up near the airport and the Western North Carolina Agricultural Center, which almost always has some sort of horse show or trade show going on.

Apparently the guests didn't feel like hauling their horse trailer around, and weren't comfortable leaving the horse in the trailer in the parking lot. So, they opened the trailer and the door, walked the horse inside, closed the door, unhitched the trailer, and off they went to lunch. When a housekeeper came along later to clean, she opened the door and was presented with a horse's ass. She startled the horse and it tried to kick her, but she got the door closed before it could.

That's all I know. It happened before my time here.

Comment

she opened the door and was presented with a horse's ass
          i'm thinking this particular part of the story can get some serious mileage, considering the wide application it has!
          look! it's ghengis khan!
          Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Holy crap... okay, maybe you can sneak in a cat or a dog, but a HORSE? That takes some serious gall.
            Everything I do goes through...

Think About It Central

Comment

Quoth hauntedheadnc
              When a housekeeper came along later to clean, she opened the door and was presented with a horse's ass.
              I thought you said the customers went to lunch. Sorry couldn'r resist, thanks for explaianing about your hotel. I don't blame housekeeping for not wanting to come in when they hear a dog you certainly don't wnat to get attacked.

Comment

Can't you take your luggage racks back?
                You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

We'll get the luggage rack in the morning. There's hasn't been much demand for it, thankfully. The one rack left here up front was doing the trick nicely.

Comment

Quoth hauntedheadnc
                    Lovely.

The kicker? They've kept one of our luggage carts in their room the entire time, denying the use of it to guests who might actually need it. All they'd have to do is pile their crap on the cart they've been keeping the entire time.
                    I wonder how fast they would have handed over the cart if you explained you'd have to charge them per hour for keeping the cart in their room!

Comment

I wonder if I could have made her shut up long enough to explain that while we are absolved of responsibility for pretty much everything the moment she signs the registration, if her dog had gotten loose and bitten a housekeeper, she would be putting that housekeeper's children through college.

That too would have changed her tune post haste.
                      Last edited by Antisocial_Worker; 07-10-2006, 04:17 AM.

Comment

Wow, a horse in a hotel room.. eyeesh..
                        Pardon me for asking, but are you on LJ's Customers_suck? I swear I've seen your avatar on there..
                        No, I do not work here, yes I am open, No, it is not free, every item we had "in the back" has been eaten by drunken sailors. Now that we've covered the basics, how may I help you?

Comment

LJ's...? Livejournal? I'm not a member of their customers suck board, but I did find this avatar being used in the Asheville Rocks livejournal community.

So I stole it. Just put it under my coat and walked right out the door.

Comment

Working...
                          X