Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was curious about the defendant contacting the victim, so I did a quick Google search. From what I can find, here in the States, it is NOT illegal. It is also not advised.

Harassment and intimidation on the other hand...
    Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
    Save the Ales!
    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Quoth wordgirl View Post
      Personal contact information has been a lot easier to find in the past few years. Sadly (for purposes of my job) it seems to be closing back down again in some ways, but for a couple of years I could take a name and a city and come back with exact street address, usually at least one phone number, political affiliation and all sorts of other random scraps of information.... all online, without paying a dime.
      It is still not that hard to find info UNLESS the person has not had say a utility bill or court case (large or small).

I am an good example of that --- I could not find any record of my address (GF and I lived together everything was in her name) for 10 years because I did not have public bills or a court case in my name. if you searched for me you would gotten addresses from 35 years ago to 10 years ago when I did have bills in my name. Now since I bought my house I have public records, public bills and stuff in my name and I am findable.

Yes I Google myself every 4 - 6 months to see what is out there
      I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
      -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Argus View Post
        I don't think the DA would be able to do more than warn her, although even that would be worthwhile. Unless either there is some actual evidence (like a recording) or Mommy is narcissistic enough to brag about that call.
        Yes he/she would be. That's called Witness tampering/intimidating a witness.

Comment

The kid got out today and has been put on house arrest with a ankle monitor. I was told that she later resisted arrest, assaulted a LEO and fought with her cell-mates.
          If her family is trying to intimidate my daughter then they are utterly failing. While she's not old enough for a carry pistol she can tote a Tazer, she's also a karate and judo blackbelt in addition to having wrestled with her older brothers for most of her life.
          Bow down before me for I am ROOT

Preserving precious bodily fluids sine 1952

Comment

Quoth Tanasi View Post
            The kid got out today and has been put on house arrest with a ankle monitor.
            So daddy didn't have the pull that she fancied
            Quoth Tanasi View Post
            If her family is trying to intimidate my daughter then they are utterly failing.
            Still, keep the prosecutor in the loop about their attempts as this could cross the line to a crime in most states.
            I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
            -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

This thief isn't very discreet, is she? I'm wondering why she doesn't take another approach, like pickpocketing. This more or less caused a scene, and she didn't count on security wanting her to prove that this was "her phone". Stupid!

Comment

Quoth greensinestro View Post
                This thief isn't very discreet, is she? I'm wondering why she doesn't take another approach, like pickpocketing. This more or less caused a scene, and she didn't count on security wanting her to prove that this was "her phone". Stupid!
                Theory: She likes the attention. You don’t get that by being a stealthy pickpocket but you do by bullying people and causing a scene.
                "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
                  Theory: She likes the attention. You don’t get that by being a stealthy pickpocket but you do by bullying people and causing a scene.
                  I suspect she's also playing the "Look, I have a powerful daddy and I can do what I want," card. Only thing she needs now is an appearance on Maury

Comment

Working...
                  X