This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth SteeleDragon78 View Post
    i guess i skipped a step there. i made that once, and didn't realize you needed to dilute it, granted i like strong coffee. THAT will wake you up quick.
    There was one woman at an old workplace of mine who would drink it straight (swiping "my coffee", but I was making it with company supplies so whatever). She commented that she was used to Turkish coffee.... But just compare the amount of coffee grounds to the amount of water going into my recipe, and yes, DILUTE! DILUTE!

Comment

I have a cold brew maker at home, but it's the same strength as the coffee I make hot. It's easier on the stomach when I cold brew, though.
      I've also heard that 8 cups of water to 1 pound of coffee is perfect for cold brew. I haven't tried making that much at once, though.

Comment

Quoth wordgirl View Post
        ...Chai means "spiced tea."...
        Actually, I believe that chai means "tea". The "spiced" part now is implied, as is dairy, but not technically part of the meaning of the word.
        “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
        One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
        The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Quoth ladyjaneinmd View Post
          I have a cold brew maker at home, but it's the same strength as the coffee I make hot. It's easier on the stomach when I cold brew, though.
          I've also heard that 8 cups of water to 1 pound of coffee is perfect for cold brew. I haven't tried making that much at once, though.
          Hmm. A quick visualization suggests that you'd need most of a 3-quart jar for that., but I could be wrong. It would certainly be concentrated.

Comment

Quoth wordgirl View Post
            *snip*

(speaking of which, am I the only one who gets irritated when I hear "chai tea?" It's chai. Chai means "spiced tea.")
            I learned that in my last job. So I'd be explaining to people that saying "Chai tea" basically translated into "tea tea."
            Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
            ~ Mr Hero

Comment

I knew you would know, Pixelated. (And Nunavut Pants is right, it just means "tea.")

One of my besties growing up was Indian, and so I liked chai decades before it was trendy

And yeah, Slave to the Phone, "PIN number" drives me nuts as well. So here's the one sentence calculated to drive me wholly insane:

"Give me your PIN number so I can get me some cash money and buy some chai tea and shrimps scampi."

(Bonus points if you work "nauseous" in there, even though us wordies have lost the war on that one.)

Comment

Quoth wordgirl View Post
                (Bonus points if you work "nauseous" in there, even though us wordies have lost the war on that one.)
                THIS!! SO MUCH THIS!!!

Also "I'm going to try and (do something)" instead of "try TO (do something)"

This thread has now been hijacked!
                Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the restraints...
                TASTE THE LIME JELLO OF DEFEAT! -Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth wordgirl View Post

"Give me your PIN number so I can get me some cash money and buy some chai tea and shrimps scampi."
                  "Give me your PIN number so I can get me some cash money at the ATM machine and buy some chai tea, naan (or panini) bread and shrimps scampi."

And yes, you've totally lost the war on "nauseous" The first three dictionaries in my quick search all listed "nauseated" or the equivalent as the first definition. At some point, usage wins.

Comment

I switched to making a concentrated cold brew. Better flavor, and its not nearly as acidic.

Its concentrate so I can just mix it with hot water for some hot coffee.

One day I had it cold, and forgot to add water when I put it in my thermos. I thought I could see forever.

Comment

Quoth Daskinor View Post
                      One day I had it cold, and forgot to add water when I put it in my thermos. I thought I could see forever.

Comment

Quoth Daskinor View Post
                        sounds like my first try of Turkish coffee. I was just offered coffee at a kids party and boy did it blow my mind.

Comment

Quoth wordgirl View Post
                          (And Nunavut Pants is right, it just means "tea.")
                          Funny enough, a friend of mine completely at random just shared this article on FB: https://qz.com/1176962/map-how-the-w...tm_source=qzfb
                          “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
                          One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
                          The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Working...
                          X