This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth skeptic53 View Post
    Got an email 12/15 from a 52-year-old patient whom we haven't seen for over 2 years, asking for a referral to gastroenterologist for a screening colonoscopy. He wants to get it done before the end of the year.
    Good luck with that. Had to reschedule a procedure and the earliest I got was seven weeks away.

Comment

Quoth skeptic53 View Post
      He wants to get it done before the end of the year.
      And I want a unicorn to ride into work on.

Guess which is more likely to happen?

B
      "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
      I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

Quoth Bandit View Post
        And I want a unicorn to ride into work on.

Guess which is more likely to happen?

B
        Let us know how you like riding the unicorn.
        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

my mom is an intelligant woman who has a history of health issues.
          As such she has told us all there are two things that are no goes no matter what so dont even try.
          what are they?
          Colonoscopy
          Chemotherapy.

Her argument, if she has something it has a 50% of being too slow to kill her or even keep killing her, and she rather die fast that be tortured then die.

I do have to remind her to make doctors appointments though

Comment

"Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part" Gold Medal: Back when I worked for the hospital records department a doctor called up and asked that a patient's operation report from 25+ years previously be pulled. Because the patient hadn't been seen at this particular hospital in that time, her records had been sent to the St Louis records depository. The doctor wanted to know if we could call the records depository and have them fax a copy of the operation report to her, as the patient was on the table. Well, we could have called the depository, but they would have laughed themselves into hernias as the records depository contained all kinds of records on bazillions of people, and the odds that they could find one patient's medical records quickly enough to accommodate that doctor were slim. If she'd given us a week or more of notice we could have helped her out, but waiting until the patient is on the table is very poor planning on her part. If I'd been that patient I would have been furious, especially if I'd had to reschedule my procedure because of the doctor's lack of planning.

Comment

Working...
            X