X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ask and you shall receive ...

... much to my surprise.

Customer comes in today with a tin of tea, bought at a sale a week or so ago. We have a new sale on now (buy one, get a second one half-price).

"Can I get that sale price?" she asks.

To my astonishment, the shift lead says, "Of course!"

We process a 'return' ("Customer return" given as the reason), and then run through a purchase with the two tins -- plus one or two other items the customer wanted -- and one happy customer departs the store.

Probably a good thing more customers either didn't know about this new sale, or haven't (yet) thought to come back and ask for the sale price. Can you imagine the lineup??
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

So she got a double sale? Last week's sale price and this week's BOGO50?

That's pretty dang accommodating!

(If the original purchase had been at full price, I wouldn't be so surprised. I am not sure where you are but in the US it's not unheard of to ask for a post-sale adjustment; many stores have an official published policy on how far back you can go, but I don't know anyone who would allow a retroactive discount on top of a discount given at the time of the original sale.)

It does sound as if the customer was nice about it though. Maybe the shift lead was just stunned into submission.

Comment

That's a possibility, LOL. I'm in Canada, but I don't remember seeing a post-sale adjustment before. Maybe they all happened when I wasn't working ...

No wonder I don't often have stories to post here!
      Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Working...
      X