This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never sucky but I wouldn't blame her if she was

Our regular, W, did her return. She fosters a couple of whom were with her since they were in diapers. Every year she has to file on paper because the bio-mother (herinafter EG for egg donor) improperly claims the kids--yes, this is illegal.

A couple years ago we included copies of the DCFS paperwork and the IRS caught up on the scheme and finally sanctioned EG (she is barred from claiming any dependents 'til '22 even if she were to deliver one onto an auditor's desk). All's well, right? Wrong! Now her significant other is claiming the kids first and W still has to file on paper.

Throughout this nonsense, W has been amazingly calm and not once raised her voice at the news. I certainly wouldn't blame her if she got sucky...I probably would.
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Ah, but W sounds like a normal, decent human being who doesn't take out her frustration on those who haven't caused the problem. I wouldn't take any bets about what she'd say to ED or ED's partner, though...
    "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Exactly. W knows that you are not the problem, and that you're trying to help her and just as frustrated as she is.

Those birth parents...sheesh. What a piece of work. I hope things can get cleared up for good.
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

For the first time in nearly 20 years, I had to file paper returns this year. Because the daughter's BOYFRIEND claimed her child. Not the baby's daddy, not the step parent, the mom's BOYFRIEND. Who, BTW supported NOTHING but Yugioh last year. *I* supported mom(my adult daughter), the baby AND freeloader because he HAD a job and was SUPPOSED to be paying his share. Which didn't happen until OCTOBER. (I don't blame mom, she has never had a job (outside the home) before and had NO clue how to file this year but she DID NOT give him permission to claim her child)
        He ALSO did not wait for his W2s to file. He got the last paycheck from his CURRENT job (gleefully ignoring the other FOUR W2s he was supposed to wait for to file) and filed electronically.
        Yeah..I pray she finally has enough of him..

Comment

Wait why in the world nvm im glad my ex does not know my sons ssn so they cant file him how ever per his divorce we are to claim my husbands daughter with his ex wife but per the irs we need another form and because they can not talk due to an injunction we just don't claim her any more forget it to much hassle.

Comment

This is the form to blow the whistle (yes, anonymously) on freeloader, foxy.
            I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?

Comment

Hope it all gets straightened out for you and W, who sounds like a stellar lady for staying calm though the ed’s shenanigans year on year.

Comment

FWIW, one of them will be aging out as it is referred in DCFS jargon...but yes for W the situation still stinks. She does get her refunds....just about a month later than if she could file electronically.

Who is John Galt?

Comment

Working...
                X