Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe going off on a tangent, but on reading the title of this post I flashed on https://youtu.be/LYE3riHLptI?t=38s (slight NSFW)

If it had been me I would've been sorely tempted to use a variation of that on her. :-)
    Last edited by TheSHAD0W; 12-24-2017, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Quoth Argus View Post
      I don't think the DA would be able to do more than warn her, although even that would be worthwhile. Unless either there is some actual evidence (like a recording) or Mommy is narcissistic enough to brag about that call.
      I'd have thought any contact would be considered inappropriate, and there's bound to be a record of that call even if it doesn't include the content.
      This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
      I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
        I'd have thought any contact would be considered inappropriate, and there's bound to be a record of that call even if it doesn't include the content.
        They have nothing to hold over our heads, if they make threats well they're messing with the wrong family...
        Bow down before me for I am ROOT

Preserving precious bodily fluids sine 1952

Comment

Quoth Tanasi View Post
          The girl didn't get processed in time to see a judge so it's Christmas at the gray-bar Hilton. Her mother called our land line (first call in a long time) to let us know that my family is ruining their Christmas. Never mind the fact that their daughter is a thief and lied to the LEOs.
          And this is your problem how??

Their Christmas is ruined due to that brat daughter of theirs, not anything your daughter did. They sound just as entitled and clueless as the girl.
          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
            ... They sound just as entitled and clueless as the girl.
            The turd drops close to the asshole...
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

People that say "Do you know who I am/my dad is" while trying to get their way get a straight face and a "Do I look like I care?' from me. Totally blows their mind that there are people out there that are not impressed with them.

Comment

Quoth Tanasi View Post
                Never mind the fact that their daughter is a thief and lied to the LEOs.
                I would have been very, very tempted to tell her this, too.

"No, your daughter ruined your Christmas because she's a thief and lied to LEO. Good day."
                Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

"Do you know who I am?!?"

"Oh, my God! Do we have a doctor in the house, please? This woman seems to have amnesia!!"
                  "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                  "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                  "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                  "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                  "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                  "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                  Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                  "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Tanasi View Post
                    The girl didn't get processed in time to see a judge so it's Christmas at the gray-bar Hilton. Her mother called our land line (first call in a long time) to let us know that my family is ruining their Christmas.
                    Three things.

1. How did the mother get ahold of your landline?

2. How did you not burst into sweet insane mad laughter?

3. Play the thief and her apparently-enabling mom the world's smallest violin!!!
                    Happiness is the exercise of vital powers along lines of excellence in a life affording you scope.

Comment

Talon - On #1: If Daddy Dearest has some political pull (which it sounds like he might), it would be a trivial matter for him to get private contact details for someone, even if policy expressly forbids it. Naturally, there will be no record of said info search/divulgence at the Station/records office itself.
                      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Tanasi View Post
                        Her mother called our land line (first call in a long time) to let us know that my family is ruining their Christmas. Never mind the fact that their daughter is a thief and lied to the LEOs.
                        are you fucking kidding!? really, really...
                        Quoth dalesys View Post
                        The turd drops close to the asshole...
                        Ain't that the truth!
                        AkaiKitsune
                        Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
                          At the very least a caller ID log. I agree, keep the prosecutor in the loop about these calls.
                          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                            Talon - On #1: If Daddy Dearest has some political pull (which it sounds like he might), it would be a trivial matter for him to get private contact details for someone, even if policy expressly forbids it. Naturally, there will be no record of said info search/divulgence at the Station/records office itself.
                            Personal contact information has been a lot easier to find in the past few years. Sadly (for purposes of my job) it seems to be closing back down again in some ways, but for a couple of years I could take a name and a city and come back with exact street address, usually at least one phone number, political affiliation and all sorts of other random scraps of information.... all online, without paying a dime.

Comment

Quoth Talon View Post
                              Three things.

1. How did the mother get ahold of your landline?

2. How did you not burst into sweet insane mad laughter?

3. Play the thief and her apparently-enabling mom the world's smallest violin!!!
                              My land line is in the white pages or phone book.
                              I didn't laugh at her mostly because it's sad on how the kid acts to get her parents attention.
                              I'm thankful that so far my kids have turned out to be good folks, so I'm not gonna point out their short comings.

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
                                At the very least a caller ID log. I agree, keep the prosecutor in the loop about these calls.
                                So far they've only called once but it they continue to push it, I'll get the LEOs involved. The girl's daddy is a middling city official so he's pretty much a piss-ant at best. I'm friends with his boss and his boss's boss.

Comment

Working...
                                X