This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How dare you run out of smokes?!

Well, maybe cuz our supplier's gone bust, and it's the day before Christmas, so even if we do manage to arrange a delivery from the main store depot, it's not going to arrive til after Christmas. Apparently, the concept of "deliveries" does not apply to cigarettes; customers who will grudgingly accept that reason for the lack of groceries in the kiosk are not able to grasp the fact that our stock of smokes is also reliant on regular deliveries. They seem to think that a magical cigarette pixie comes along and makes the baccy and smokes appear on the shelves.

Our stockroom is empty. No, I am not going to go look, I know that it's empty and so does everyone here. You have but three choices open to you.

1. Go elsewhere. Yes, there are other stores who, amazingly, sell tobacco products in the town and who get their stock from a different delivery service. Yes, the cigarettes will be a few pence more expensive, but compared to the fact that we have none of your brand in stock, that's hardly much of a hassle, right?

2. Buy *gasp!* another brand. Let's face it, if you are desperate for smokes, all you really need is a brand that contains nicotine. So just have something else.

3. Give up. Or, if that isn't an option, then kindly fuck off and stop bothering me.

This was my workplace for Christmas Eve. No wonder I hate everyone come the end of my Christmas Eve shift. And in case anyone is wondering, yes, I ruined tons of Christmases for customers on Christmas Eve cuz I lack the ability to reach into the air and pull out ciggies.
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

As an addict, I can tell you that any other brand won't be the same. That being said, I do understand that because I smoke a rather popular brand that sometimes other people want the same thing. Hence the word "popular".

If a store doesn't have "my" brand, I will thank the cashier politely and go to a different store. I wouldn't be like the SC I saw tonight throwing a fit because the little C-Store out in the middle of nowhere didn't have her specific make and model of her favored slow death delivery system.

Come on bit**! you are in the middle of BFArizona, why the heck would you think you will get wally world selections in a store that is smaller than a double wide trailer?

Comment

Back room

But surely they have some in the back room?

Comment

The only magic back room is the Beyond at Bed Bath and Beyond.

Comment

Quoth Erinesque View Post
          The only magic back room is the Beyond at Bed Bath and Beyond.
          If the "beyond" back room existed, you could send SCs back there, and they would never find their way out.

That sounds a bit like an old Twilight Zone episode.
          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
            If the "beyond" back room existed, you could send SCs back there, and they would never find their way out.

Or a wish that needs to be fulfilled!
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post

"Submitted for your approval...meet one [sucktomer]. This is a callous, crude man, one with rarely a good word for anyone. Today, [sucktomer] will go grocery shopping, and will discover his ill temper has earned him a one-way trip into...the Twilight Zone."

Comment

Back in the early 80's my sisters worked at a local chain grocery store. Once a quarter they would run a special on tobacco pipe and chewing but not cigs. My Dad dipped Skoal and his twin brother chewed plug tobacco. Which ever brother made it to the stores first would buy the entire stock of Skoal and plugs and they'd usually have enough to last six months. One time as it was nearing Christmas my sisters bought out two different stores entire stock to give them for Christmas. When Dad and uncle got to the stores they were sold out. They both tried the back-room strategy to no avail so they bought several trays of twists even though they most likely had enough reserves to last until the next sale.
                They were very surprised when they opened their Christmas gifts.
                I had a couple other uncles and cousins that raised and cured their own chew. I just couldn't bring myself to even try their chew as it was green. Nope not gonna do it.
                At one of my wife's family reunions someone asked me infront or her entire family how I knew she was the right one for me, to which I responded "We both like the same brand of chewing tobacco." I thought both or her grandmothers and great-grand-mothers were going to choke to death.
                Bow down before me for I am ROOT

Preserving precious bodily fluids sine 1952

Comment

We had tons of cig's but they were all lost to a long series of small fires.
                  AkaiKitsune
                  Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Quoth Rosco the Iroc View Post
                    It's a good thing they weren't insured. You might've been charged with arson.

Comment

Quoth Rosco the Iroc View Post
                      And they happened right under your nose.
                      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGUAeVxFpI0

Comment

I prefer the more traditional version.

Comment

Try explaining to SC's that yes we are less than 5 miles from a major cigarette factory, and no, I can't just leave the store and run to the factory and get their smokes.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                              Yes indeed! Along with an series of Scotch spills in my mouth.
                              AkaiKitsune
                              Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Working...
                              X