This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh, this is awesome!

Well, I was debating whether to work from home today because of the snow (it's not al terrible, just I have a long commute)

Boss let me stay home.....and I just got the best work email possible.

The power is out in the office......so I cannot go in!!!! Score!!!!
    "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
    "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Lucky.

My office is open and I have no idea why. There is apparently still a state of emergency in NJ.

I checked my work email last night and there were messages going around about how bad the parking lot was. Just before 4 they were saying that people were having trouble getting out, and as a result people were also having trouble getting in, and traffic was backed up from the entrance to the lot all the way to the highway. Some people just came back into the building. At 4:40 there was a message that there were still some first shift people trying to get out. First shift ends at 3:30. All this because the township hadn't plowed yet; there was something about a police truck with a plow coming through just to "let the ambulance out" (why there was an ambulance I don't know). Why the hell they didn't close the building I do not know.

I am still at home; my boss is visiting family in Wisconsin and is supposed to fly home tomorrow, my one coworker emailed me to tell me he couldn't get in, my other coworker went in becuase she was concerned she wouldn't be paid for the holiday if she didn't (she's hourly and if you call out the day before or after a holiday, you don't get paid for the holiday). At least she has her husband's truck. I'm going to go out and clean off my car, then take a shower, and see what things look like. I went into my email and set my out of office to say I am unable to get out of my neighborhood, so if anyone is looking for their inventory reports, well, screw 'em.
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Ikes, I hope anyone who did head out will get home safe.

There is now reason for anyone in my office to be there....this is our dead time. I'm just nervous that there will be another nasty accident....last year there was a 15 or so car pile up on one of the roads I'd take to get home.
      "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
      "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

My only concern is that Monday is our big day of reporting for the previous week, and my boss is out so I have to do his stuff on top of mine. He does an inventory report that goes to some of the big-wigs. Hopefully most of the people getting the important stuff are out for the holidays anyway, or decided to stay home because of the weather. I doubt anyone would be asshole enough to complain that reports are late after a snowstorm, but if they do...

On the upside, most of said big-wigs wouldn't even know to contact me for those reports.
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

See Cat I told you I would cross my fingers for you, I guess it worked!

Good luck with work BookstoreEscapee, so many states are saying to stay off the roads that I don't think people can complain too much.
          I'm the 5th horsemen of the apocalypse. Bringer of giggly bouncy doom, they don't talk about me much.

Comment

Working...
          X