This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I feel like I missed the season

I just got home a bit ago from my Christmas, but I feel like it went by faster than ever and I missed everything. There were so many things I didn't get to do: bake sugar cookies for me (just did a rush bake for gifts), watch the Nutcracker, drive around town with friends looking at lights, sit at home and crochet in front of the tree (I just put it up finally a few days ago), just to name a few. There seemed to be very little Christmas music on the radio stations and my store doesn't have music. To top it off, I had an SC on Christmas Eve who kept saying things like, "Aren't you glad it's almost over." She kept saying stuff, even though I didn't acknowlege or agree with it. Should've been a clue to shut up. I was actually feeling sad Christmas was pretty much here and I missed the whole season.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

*hugs*

I'm not sure how I feel yet about this Christmas season.
    I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

*hugs* I am sorry you feel like you missed it, wished I could say I did miss it
      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

I've felt the same way pretty much every year since I started working. But the worst was when I was in college.

From the end of October to mid-December I was working 40-hour weeks or close to it at the swamp's flagship store; it was that busy. On top of all my classwork. And because the Christmas rush coincides so nicely with the end of the semester and finals, I didn't have any spare time. All my Christmas shopping was done either after work or when I could get a few hours to myself and hit the mall.

There was no baking cookies, no watching holiday specials on TV. And then when I was done with finals it was time to pack up, come home and work at my current store.

At least the money was good. I always saved a chunk of it for the college newspaper convention in the Twin Cities at the end of February.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

It seemed like it went by pretty fast here, too but that could also be because I was distracted by a new project.

As for the music, the classic rock station I normally listen to seemed to have the right mix this year (and of course, there's always that one station that plays it non stop for the people who like that).

No cookies baking for me but I did cook a nice dinner.
          Quote Dalesys:
          ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

We are heading into the part of the year I hate the most...post christmas. I enjoy doing the pre christmas stuff like shopping and wrapping and getting stocking stuffers and whatnot...and I enjoy when they get opened...and we have the dinner I spend all day cooking. But afterwards until spring it's just depressing as hell. Bad weather, no more xmas lights or any cheer or anything to look forward to until the weather warms up. Blech.
            https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
            Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
              We are heading into the part of the year I hate the most...post christmas. I enjoy doing the pre christmas stuff like shopping and wrapping and getting stocking stuffers and whatnot...and I enjoy when they get opened...and we have the dinner I spend all day cooking. But afterwards until spring it's just depressing as hell. Bad weather, no more xmas lights or any cheer or anything to look forward to until the weather warms up. Blech.
              I feel pretty much the same way. After Christmas, the dull, grey, cold winter just seems to go on and on and on...

The problem is, Thanksgiving and Christmas are too close together. Christmas should take place in mid-January, when the winter doldrums are at their worst. Plus, it'll give more time to prepare. On the bad side, the radio and Muzak stations will be playing the bad Christmas songs even longer...!
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I kind of feel the same way.

I went home because my parents said they wanted me home for holidays to celebrate. Turns out that they're not actually celebrating it this year with family. Interesting how that happens. I've spent the week on my laptop while my dad goes and does holiday stuff with his girlfriend and her family. Apparently I'm not invited.

That's been awkward, and I find it really hard to get excited about anything that involves sitting home alone. =/ No tv service here so I can't watch Christmas specials, net is too slow to watch stuff on Netflix, and I don't think we even get radio reception. Dad's on a diet so no baking. And I guess we're not doing presents because it's already the 27th and nobody's mentioned anything about that. It's just been a very blah week.

I'm going to do my own celebrations next year so that I actually enjoy it. I think you should totally leave your tree up a few more days and knit and bake cookies just because you can. I'm going to bake and decorate Christmas cookies when I get home with my boyfriend, who doesn't even celebrate it but wants to cheer me up, hah.

Comment

Working...
                X