This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new toy :P

So my boyfriend decided to buy a Nerf gun to mod. Of course, he's not satisfied with a small pistol however. So he gets one of these babies:

Basically, it's one freakingly huge automatic blaster that fires darts at about 3 per second. This one came with a couple of 18-dart clips and he bought a few extras. Of course however, he wanted more ammo. So he buys a 35-dart drum....

And yes, he is planning on modding it eventually. Along with the gun that he bought to get the 35-dart drum.

Me on the other hand? I went baby and bought a pair of these ones:

These only take 3 darts and require manual loading and cocking, however they carry suction-tipped darts which is what I wanted. And also they're surprisingly light. I already modified them as well, so their shots are more powerful. (basically, 5 minutes with a screwdriver and you're done)

Unlike my boyfriend however, I am not about to take my gun into work

ETA: The top gun is a Nerf Stampede, while the bottom is a Nerf Nitefinder Ex-3. For those with kids, the Nitefinder would be a better choice. It's cheap, the darts are suction cups and they only carry 3 darts at a time.
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

My girls just received Nitefinder Ex-3's, and the collection has expanded once more. We now have: 2 Nitefinders, 2 Mavericks, 1 N-Strike raider Rapid Fire CS-35, 1 Deploy CS-6, 1 Recon CS-6 and a Belt-Blaster (different brand).

I blame Squeaks for our new addiction, it's all her fault! :P
    Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

Quoth Mishi View Post
      My girls just received Nitefinder Ex-3's, and the collection has expanded once more. We now have: 2 Nitefinders, 2 Mavericks, 1 N-Strike raider Rapid Fire CS-35, 1 Deploy CS-6, 1 Recon CS-6 and a Belt-Blaster (different brand).

My boyfriend has the Raider. I want the Longshot/Longstrike....either one would be good. The thing is basically an awesome sniper rifle.

Comment

Quoth Mishi View Post
        You are welcome! You know me always glad to corrupt young minds help!
        I'm the 5th horsemen of the apocalypse. Bringer of giggly bouncy doom, they don't talk about me much.

Comment

Quoth fireheart17 View Post
          My boyfriend has the Raider. I want the Longshot/Longstrike....either one would be good. The thing is basically an awesome sniper rifle.
          I've got the Longshot. The look on my family's face when I brought it home was priceless. They went just plain WHITE!

(a word of note though, do not store the darts in a clip. They will compress and deform after a while.)
          I AM the evil bastard!
          A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
            The look on my family's face when I brought it home was priceless. They went just plain WHITE!
            Good to know I'm not the only one that has happened to.
            I'm the 5th horsemen of the apocalypse. Bringer of giggly bouncy doom, they don't talk about me much.

Comment

Quoth Squeaksmyalias View Post
              Good to know I'm not the only one that has happened to.
              Oh you should have heard it. As I was assembling it, my mom picked up one of the clips and asked what it was for. I told her flat out it was an ammo clip. The only words out of her mouth at that point was "Oh shit."
              I AM the evil bastard!
              A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Unlike my boyfriend however, I am not about to take my gun into work
                how did that one turn out?

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
                  Oh you should have heard it. As I was assembling it, my mom picked up one of the clips and asked what it was for. I told her flat out it was an ammo clip. The only words out of her mouth at that point was "Oh shit."
                  That's what my Mom said when I walked in with a nerf sword. My parents considered a vacation when they found out my friend was coming to visit and bringing his maverick too. After watching several gun fights they wished they did take that vacation.

Comment

The gaming club has several Nerf (and Nerf-like) weapons on hand, many of them clip or belt fed. There's a nice lever-action rifle with a clip that someone picked up at Mart of Wal for cheap... the darts fit into a 'shell' that gets ejected with a nice sounding 'chunk!'

If we're ever invaded by Nerf Zombies, we'll be set...
                    "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Quoth El Pollo Guerrera View Post
                      The gaming club has several Nerf (and Nerf-like) weapons on hand, many of them clip or belt fed. There's a nice lever-action rifle with a clip that someone picked up at Mart of Wal for cheap... the darts fit into a 'shell' that gets ejected with a nice sounding 'chunk!'

If we're ever invaded by Nerf Zombies, we'll be set...
                      ...or the alien Santa from Sluggy Freelance...
                      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I want the Longshot now.

I've also seen these BuzzBee Air Blaster toys, which are nerf-like, but fire suction-tipped darts (like mine). There's a double-barrelled shotgun (complete with shells), a six-shooter (which is front-loading), a 10-shooter (same thing I think), a tommy-gun (20 shots) and a belt-fed gun.

The only problem with the Vulcan (the nerf belt-fed) and the Belt-fed BuzzBee gun is that the belts can jam easily.

Comment

I want the Longshot now.
                          Me too, I have a maverick, I'm thinking I want the longstrike too.

Comment

The only problem with the Vulcan (the nerf belt-fed) and the Belt-fed BuzzBee gun is that the belts can jam easily.
                            Just like problems one might experience with a REAL gun!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                            Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                            X