Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My heart goes out to everyone who must be without their loved ones (or pets) this Christmas.

I miss my angel and the kids. Things are... very complicated right now, and until this mess is sorted out I can't be with them, which means Christmas is going to be very hard for all of us this year.

Dammit, there go the tears again.
    "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

I miss my son. I want to see him opening his presents

I miss my sister and her kids, and wish I could be with them for Christmas.

I know I'm going to be missing the boy and his son, who's only three months younger than mine. They're spending the day with his aunt while I'm spending it with friends. Those are the only people I'm gonna miss

Comment

I miss my girlfriend. We broke up a few weeks ago. Thats two break ups this fall, one was September. I know it might sound bad but both were special to me. My grandma passed this fall also.

I am with my parents at there home and cottage, and my sisters are coming, which is good though. Havent been here in two years so.

My thoughts to all of you who are also missing and have lost someone.

Comment

my mom passed in september, so my dad and i are kinda pretending christmas doesn't exist.
          i got married in early december and he's flying back to virginia on christmas night, 7 pm.
          his ex is being a total b word and not letting him see his daughter on christmas.
          my brother moved to chicago last summer and since he flew out for my wedding, he can't come out for christmas.
          one of my best friends decided to stop talking to me last month, so i'm not even going to have him to turn to.

i'm just waiting for this and next year to be over.
          If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

i'm on fb and xbox live; pm me if ya wanna be "friends"
          ^_^

Comment

When I first read this, it brought me down. A lot.

Lately I've been thinking about my ex-fiance, The Brit.

Okay, who are we kidding here? It's not just lately. It's been pretty much an ongoing thing for years. Love of my life, that whole thing, ya know...not the easiest thing to get over. But I've managed. But lately, she's popping up in my head a little more than she had been. The other day at the store, something caught my eye, and something grabbed at my memory, and I was suddenly frozen there, thinking of her.

So yeah, I miss her. Always will. And your post reminded me that, romantically speaking, I have no one to miss. The experiment with Nurse Betty didn't work out all that well. Yeah, we still talk, and see each other when I am back home, but honestly, we both know it's not going anywhere. Well, I know that, and I think it's becoming clear to her.

So I'm alarmingly single, women are not exactly beating down my door (or even knocking on it), and here I am, on Christmas Eve, a Friday night in Key West, sitting at home alone, drinking a beer, reading CS.com.

And just as I was really starting to feel sorry for myself, I said what the FUCK am I doing? Enough dwelling on the negative. There is too much positive to look at.

Positive for you: you have someone that you care about and that cares about you, you two obviously have some magic together, and while you are apart now, you will be together again soon. Focus on that. And with today's technology, it's not like you can't keep in touch.

Positive for me: I live in paradise. I am going home in less than a month to see so many people I care about. I have plenty of people here on my little tropical island that I care about. I get paid by three different business to make people smile. While that's not the official job description, as a bartender and magician, this is what I do. This is who I am. And I get paid to bring joy into people's lives, to do what I love to do. I am (relatively) young and (relatively) healthy, and I have the freedom to live how I want to, whether it be here or somewhere else if I so choose.

I could go on and on about the positives in my life, but I don't need to. *I* know what they are. *I* live them.

And that's the key, kids. Focus on the positive. As I know all too well, life is far too short to focus on the negative and what sucks. Look forward, not back. Because when you can do that, life is so much easier, so much fuller, and so much better.

Remember that.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
            Still A Customer."

Comment

I look forward to Christmas being over, and 2010 for that matter to be over

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                And just as I was really starting to feel sorry for myself, I said what the FUCK am I doing Enough dwelling on the negative. There is too much positive to look at.

Positive for you: you have someone that you care about and that cares about you, you two obviously have some magic together, and while you are apart now, you will be together again soon. Focus on that. And with today's technology, it's not like you can't keep in touch.

Positive for me: I live in paradise. I am going home in less than a month to see so many people I care about. I have plenty of people here on my little tropical island that I care about. I get paid by three different business to make people smile. While that's not the official job description, as a bartender and magician, this is what I do. This is who I am. And I get paid to bring joy into people's lives, to do what I love to do. I am (relatively) young and (relatively) healthy, and I have the freedom to live how I want to, whether it be here or somewhere else if I so choose.

I could go on and on about the positives in my life, but I don't need to. *I* know what they are. *I* live them.

And that's the key, kids. Focus on the positive. As I know all too well, life is far too short to focus on the negative and what sucks. Look forward, not back. Because when you can do that, life is so much easier, so much fuller, and so much better.

Remember that.
                Jester, thank you.

I'm lying here in the early hours of Christmas, missing my boyfriend more than ever. It doesn't feel like Christmas without the one you love, and all I want is his body to hold next to mine when I wake up. Then I read your reply and I feel like I can get through this. I'm so lucky that I have him to miss, after all. Three more weeks of nights spent alone before I can spend all night in his bed, talking through the dark hours and finally fall asleep in his arms again. Three weeks.

I can do this. I am so lucky. And so are you.

Merry Christmas. Thank you so much for making me smile tonight.

"When your deepest thoughts are broken, keep on dreaming, boy; when you stop dreaming it's time to die" -- Blind Melon

Comment

Yes, Jester that was so well put. I can relate to what you are going through. good advice Thanks so much. Hugs to you.

Comment

I'm missing people this Christmas. Most of you are aware of this.

When my "friend" told me what he decided I "needed" to know, I spiraled down into the blackest despair and depression I have ever known. It was horrible. In the holiday season, no less. I know he'll never apologize, and he'll never understand what he's done wrong. As I'm so fond of pointing out to other people, we never do what is contrary to our nature (with some rare exceptions, such as major illness or drug-related psychosis). Oh, and a few days ago, he sent me a chat message saying "Season's Greetings". Fucker.

Now, I'm sitting here on Christmas Day, snow falling outside, with nowhere to go and no one to invite here.

So, I decided that I'm not going to let the fucker ruin my life. I didn't respond to the chat message. At all. I do have something to return that I borrowed from him, and I'm going to ask him to return to me something that I gave to him, but I'm sure he doesn't want it. If he does, too damned bad.

My cousin broached the idea of me returning to the states for a month or three to work there. My guess is, I'd be staying with him. He's not suggesting that I move back, just that I stay there for a little while (keeping my place here in Prague) and earn some money. Fine by me! I've also been applying for jobs here. This isn't an ideal time of year for it, but what the hell.

So, my cousin is keeping an eye out for work that I can do, and he has a LOT of contacts. I mean, a LOT. Plus, he lives in a major city. I do love the idea of being able to see him, go to an area I used to visit every summer, and just be somewhere else for a while. If I'm staying with him, I won't have to deal with the incredible ruckus of children and dogs that I get here, not to mention the neighbors and their stereo.

In the meantime? I'm watching DVDs of my favorite TV shows. I'm searching YouTube and finding unexpected gems to watch. I made some beaded jewelry for my sisters. I have found a therapist to work with on my various issues. I'm listening to binaural videos, also on YouTube. I'm going to work on myself, and clear out whatever it is in me that caused people like Fucker to come into my life.

AND, I have a great idea for starting up a business in my hometown. A friend of mine had the same idea, so we're on the same page. I really think it can be a success.

Wish me luck.

Comment

I'm not missing anyone personally, but one of my college roommates' dad passed away just before Christmas last year (like a week before). So this is their first Christmas without him after having had time to process it all (last year it was all fresh and they were dealing with planning the memorial, which was the week after Christmas, and whatnot as well). Also his birthday was just before Christmas, too.

I saw on Facebook she posted a picture of the extra glass of champagne they set out for him at her in-laws'.
                      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Everyone, no one. I have family..two of which I see everyday, but I might as well be alone. Should be use to it, and often I even prefer alone. Sometimes though, especially this time of year..it gets too much. Probably should get used to it, probably going to be alone for a long time to come...if not for the rest of my life.
                        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Working...
                        X