This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Didn't ruin anyones Xmas

Every year I've been getting more and more jealous of those of you who have experienced what I imagine the warm glow that comes from ruining some assholes xmas.

I really want to see the look on their faces when upon uttering the words "You just ruined xmas" I jump up, give a hoot and draw a little sleigh silhouette with an X through it on the counter.

Sadly, not this year.

My boss almost ruined a Christmas.

He was dealing with a seller about buying an expensive piece of furniture that would have to be shipped from eastern Canada to west-southwest US. There were some bad communications as regards how much that was likely to cost (the seller was a bit delusional).

Bossman sent a message about the discrepancy in shipping fees, and the seller kind of lost it and went into a tale of personal tragedy (which really does suck) and went on to tell Bossman that he'd gone and ruined Christmas and included the kids for extra guilt.

Bossman wasn't having that at all and said that the message was very much unacceptable and based on that, the deal was off.

Seller, however, after calming down came back and apologized for the melt-down, agreed that the behavior was unacceptable, accepted that the deal might have been ruined due to said outburst, but that it was still on the table if Bossman was still willing to work with seller.

Bossman was grumpy, as usual, but as he actually did want the item, decided that seller being willing to both acknowledge and apologize for the behavior deserved some recognition, so he gave the go-ahead and the deal was completed successfully.

So that is the tale of how Bossman went from ruining Christmas for a family to saving Christmas instead.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin
      So that is the tale of how Bossman went from ruining Christmas for a family to saving Christmas instead.
      ^-.-^
      And his heart grew two whole sizes...

Couldn't help myself.

Comment

Quoth FenigDurak View Post
        And his heart grew two whole sizes...

Couldn't help myself.
        It usually does, when you think of all food you eat during Xmas...

Comment

It's not the HEART that grows this time of year.....it's something a bit to the south of there!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
          Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
            It's not the HEART that grows this time of year.....it's something a bit to the south of there!
            Im hoping that meant "stomach"...?

Comment

Yes, I meant stomach. Try to keep up, mmmkay?

Still A Customer."

Comment

Because someone's got to say it- the stomach isn't the only thing that grows this time of year.

What? Its cold and people get bored!
                Me to a friend: I know I'm crazy, you know I'm crazy, the zombies at the end of the world will know I'm crazy. Thus not eating my brain for fear of ingesting the crazy. It's my survival plan.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                  Yes, I meant stomach. Try to keep up, mmmkay?
                  I think it's the "keeping up" that she was concerned about... >_>

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

It's pretty bad when I'm NOT the one being perverted!

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                      It's pretty bad when I'm NOT the one being perverted!
                      Oh I just said what you were thinking and you know it. I just don't get to be the pervert very often. I embraced the opportunity!
                      Me to a friend: I know I'm crazy, you know I'm crazy, the zombies at the end of the world will know I'm crazy. Thus not eating my brain for fear of ingesting the crazy. It's my survival plan.

Comment

Working...
                      X