Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is 22 degrees in Indiantown, FL (just north of West Palm Beach). That place is consistently the coldest place in south Florida.

Right now it's 46 outside here in the outskirts of Ft Lauderdale.

*Edit: Local paper's site has it at 42 here.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

We officially got 23" of snow.

Fuck
      That
      Shit

I'm moving to Florida.
      "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
        <channeling us northerners>

bite me ...

yeah bite me too...we aren't getting snow right now but it's still cold wet and gloomy.
        https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
        Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Quoth Greenday View Post

Fuck
          That
          Shit

I'm moving to Florida.

damn....
          https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
          Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Quoth Greenday View Post

Fuck
            That
            Shit

I'm moving to Florida.
            We got 21" (or, well, the next town over did; it's the closest one to us that was listed in the nj.com article)

I didn't go to work today. I wouldn't have been able to get out until after noon (when I first got up at 6:30 I couldn't get out of my apartment, let alone the parking lot), and I had to take a shower after digging out the car. Wouldn't have gotten to work before 2 and that would be pretty pointless. Plus they were still suggesting people stay off the roads. On the up side, the New York office was closed and a lot of people on vacation so not too many people to miss the reporting that didn't get sent out. Tomorrow I'm gonna try to get in a little early and get it all done asap.

Why the hell we stayed open through all that is another question, to which I have no answer. I checked my work email and there were a bunch of messages from yesterday afternoon about how people couldn't even get out of the parking lot at the end of the first shift (which ends at 3:30 pm), which was making it all the more difficult for people to get in (that time of day is hell to begin with, and the entrance to our lot is on a slope). They should have just closed for the rest of the day and let people stay home.
            Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 12-27-2010, 10:44 PM.
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
              We got 21" (or, well, the next town over did; it's the closest one to us that was listed in the nj.com article)
              weather.com had my town listed as 23". Entire day gone by and no one in my town or The Big Stick has seen the plows.
              "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Quoth Greenday View Post
                weather.com had my town listed as 23". Entire day gone by and no one in my town or The Big Stick has seen the plows.
                it says 21.6" in the last 24 hours (on the page that I've had sitting up here since 7 this morning).
                I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

There was some special report listing all the local totals.

Comment

Working...
                  X