This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hand surgery

Just had it this morning, and now I'm typing one-handed. I had a cyst removed from one finger, under general anesthesia.

Ow!

Oh my gosh that sounds painful! Hope you're feeling better and will improve every day! {{hugs}}
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I carpal tunnel release a year ago, plus a trapezium-ectomy (not its actual 4 word name, but I forget that one...) and OMFG, the pain in the assn-ness of not being able to type properly. I wanted to KILL something for weeks....

Comment

Quoth Minflick View Post
        I carpal tunnel release a year ago, *snip* and OMFG, the pain in the assn-ness of not being able to type properly. I wanted to KILL something for weeks....
        Fistbump of solidarity. Carpal tunnel both wrists, fixed several years apart, partly to train up my now-fixed left hand to pick up the slack when my right wrist was done. Ever tried to brush your teeth or wipe your butt with your off hand? All kinds of awkward. Strangely I can only use a mouse with my left hand now.

Someone I know had both wrists done at once. She had a very understanding husband...!
        "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

I went to the doctor today to have the large bandage removed. It was squeezing my fingers together, which was causing pain on top of the surgical pain. Now, I have some areas that look like pressure sores, in addition to a swollen hand.

And six stitches.

Comment

Quoth greek_jester View Post
            Ever tried to brush your teeth or wipe your butt with your off hand?
            Been there. Done that.

I always joked that is something happened to my right hand, I would either die of starvation or from impaling my face with a fork. Thank God for spoons!

Eireann,
            Hoping for a quick recovery.
            Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
            Save the Ales!
            Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Thanks!

The stitches come out next week. Oh, does the incision look ugly. My hand is still swollen, but the finger is able to move a bit. However, sometimes I accidentally do something that causes the skin to pull against the stitches, and

PAIN

Comment

The stitches came out today, and it hurt.

The nurse was very nice, and asked if I wanted to lie down. She said, "You're not going to fall down on me, are you?" (Answer: No.) She sent the doctor in, and he rattled off some instructions before going into the next room.

When the nurse returned, I asked her if the doctor spoke English. "I don't know," she said. "I don't speak English with him."

The doctor came back and, in very basic English, told me to be careful of the area. Okay, good.

I got my stuff, put on my coat, and left. Once at the elevators, I looked at the incision and saw a bright red line of blood.

Back to the treatment room. I had to stay in the waiting area for several minutes, but finally, I got into the room, where the nurse grabbed an adhesive bandage and put it on me in the waiting room. She told me I can remove it later today, but I think I'll wait until tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                X