Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, it's not all scare fake dyes that can turn poo colors. I ate a massive amount of beets one time and had a mild panic attack the next day in the bathroom until I put two and two together.
    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

I've had to take iron supplements three times a day for the last five or so months since the doctor discovered I'm anemic, and it threw me for a loop after about a week when I discovered my poop had turned jet black. It's not harmful (so I gather), but it was very disconcerting the first time I noticed.

Comment

Quoth Minflick View Post
        Accidentally? Accidentally on purpose? Or really TRULY meant to do it?

I mean, I'd feel sorry for the purple sister, but I'd be laughing so hard I peed myself, and crying. That's hilarious.

I bought my nephew some soda one time that turned his feces turquoise blue. Out of either Archie McFee or some other catalog. It was a huge hit, aside from his mother...
        I don't think he did it on purpose, he seemed to be just as surprised as her. While they didn't think it was very funny the rest of us found it hysterical.
        When I was a kid my Mom made us eat pickled beets every so often. Those will turn your poo an interesting color.
        Bow down before me for I am ROOT

Preserving precious bodily fluids sine 1952

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
          Being greeted by a classroom full of blueys could put one off their Weet-Bix!
          Hey, some people down here keep blue-tongues as pets!

We had a blue-tongue in my parents backyard for years. First time we spotted it, dad picked it up, let me hold it (while I was wearing gardening gloves - they're not venomous, but their bites do hurt), then took it across the road to a creek. It came back, so he did it again. It then came back and had BABIES (I got to hold one - they're surprisingly cute ) so after that, we let it roam around in the garden.

My parents have never had a slug/snail problem since. Hell, the most the cats would do when they spotted it napping was they would go up to it, give it a gentle prod (like "What is this thing and does it move?") and the lizard would not respond. If it did move, the cats would wisely duck outta the way.

Comment

And then there were the blue skinned people living in the hills of Kentucky. The Blue Fugates.
            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
              Hey, it's not all scare fake dyes that can turn poo colors. I ate a massive amount of beets one time and had a mild panic attack the next day in the bathroom until I put two and two together.
              As a pup I got the idea one day to eat an entire bowl of beets that was on the kitchen counter. IIRC I thought it was the funniest thing ever, grandma was freaking out and mom was dissuading her from calling 911.
              "I am quite confident that I do exist."
              "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Blue Tongue lizards make great pets. My sister has had 3 of them over the years. First two were found injured in different backyards. Her current one was purchased from a reptile person they met at a reptile show.

They are pretty low maintenance pets. All you need is a glass tank with a wire mesh top, UV reptile lamp, heat rock or lamp, fake logs, reptile sand or bark across the bottom, shallow water bowl and food dish. They eat soft fruits, cooked chicken broken up, some types of worms and small crickets when they have gotten big enough. (If you can't stand the bug feeding, you can buy calcium and vitamin supplements for them.)

The area we grew up in, and the area my sister currently lives, has a massive feral cat problem. There used to be a large number of different wildlife in the creek corridors, but now there are hardly any at all.
                A good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read. - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Comment

I do like me some beets, even if they do need special handling to keep them from recoloring the entire meal. (Along with the cooks, kitchen, passing livestock, etc. )

For some people (including me) that dye also makes its way into the urine, which can be even more startling. Fortunately, my own color vision is such that I can pretty much always spot the bluish tinge to the red "in the pot", and go "that's not blood" instead of panicking.

Comment

Working...
                  X