This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real-life soap opera

As far as I know, none of the staff got caught in the line of fire, but still ...

I was at my favourite little diner the other day, for the first time in a few weeks (since I now live on the other side of the city and am far too lazy to drive all that way very often ) and I was sitting there eating my breakfast and reading. A relatively young couple came in and sat at a table behind me. There was nobody else in my immediate area ... not that it mattered.

Because I suddenly realize they are having a ... tiff.

Or at least, the woman was having a tiff. I caught phrases like "You got everything you wanted and I got nothing!!" and "I'm tired of just being your toy!!" and so on and so forth, heavily sprinkled with f-bombs. I was wondering if hubby took her out for breakfast in the hopes that being out in public would deflect the storm ... if so, it wasn't working. I'm pretty sure at least some of her rage was audible at the other end of the diner ...

Having said that, though, what I did hear from hubby made me automatically classify him as "smarmy" -- the type who tapdances around every issue, because he has no intention of really making any changes. It's the tone of voice, the words ...

When I went up to pay I said quietly to the cashier, "Lovely pair you've got there." She grinned and said "Aren't they? She's pregnant and MAD."

Seriously, people, please don't take your family feuds out in public. People will either get up and leave (luckily I was almost done eating anyway when they walked in) -- or these days, turn on their cellphones and record the whole thing.

And then you'll find yourself on YouTube.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Oh, but it's so compelling. For about five minutes.
    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Working...
    X