Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She should start charging. There is a place near us that sells that giant fancy backyard playsets and trampolines that has a huge display room with loads of different models. For a small fee you can bring your kids and let them use it as a playground for a couple hours. You do have to sign a waiver and parents have to be present though.
    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
      She should start charging. There is a place near us that sells that giant fancy backyard playsets and trampolines that has a huge display room with loads of different models. For a small fee you can bring your kids and let them use it as a playground for a couple hours. You do have to sign a waiver and parents have to be present though.
      In our AO there are already such businesses, they also don't allow the parents to leave. The drop offs we were getting just left. The wife had some heavy-ish equipment rolling around loading/unloading trucks. The drivers have enough problems looking out for adults much less kids. Our kids knew to stay away. Lots of folks shouldn't have kids.
      Bow down before me for I am ROOT

Preserving precious bodily fluids sine 1952

Comment

This brings to mind a sub-section of an earlier incarnation of this board called Parents to be Proud Of. The story that stuck out with me was the parent who tried to appropriate a bookstore as a daycare for a mentally handicapped son.
        I personally had to put my foot down with a SC who forgot a document and wanted us to watch her kids (who were punching each other in the waiting area) while she dashed home for the statement. It took a threat to call the police and DCFS to get her to take her sons with her.
        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Some time ago, a new country club sprung up. Many of the people who initially joined had never been members of a country club and had some unusual ideas of what the staff's duties included. Some were surprised to learn that the wait staff did not have to baby-sit the members' children while they played golf.

Comment

Tomorrow is my last day up there. HURRAY! I will be back in my cube, behind locked doors and in full control of the "hold" button.

A few days ago, a woman sent her toddler into the play room and sat down close where it looked like she was watching him. Silly me, of course she wasn't, she was playing on her cell phone and didn't notice when the toddler ran out of the playroom, out the automatic doors and tripped while running into the parking lot. Kid didn't get ran over, thank goodness, but did get scraped up on the hot pavement.

Mom didn't notice the wails of distress, but someone else did and brought the screaming child back in. Mom first blamed the rescuer for injuring her child (police were loudly demanded), then blamed the security guard (who wasn't in the area, but came running when he heard the noise) and then blamed me for not watching her child and stopping this from happening.

As she had requested the police at the top of her voice, I was kind enough to make the call.

I am not the one who called CPS, though. The police did.

Comment

Wow. And I thought it was bad when parents would leave their baby/toddler in the cart while they ran off to "just grab one more thing!" Um, excuse me, I did not sign up for this. What if your toddler, who is just sitting in the big part of the cart not strapped in, decides to stand up and reach for something? I'm behind a big counter and would have no way to stop that cart from crashing over. I swear, people are more careful with their cell phones...
              Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
                I swear, people are more careful with their cell phones...
                Of course they are. Cell phones cost money to repair, while kids are self-repairing. /sarcasm
                "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Quoth greek_jester View Post
                  Of course they are. Cell phones cost money to repair, while kids are self-repairing. /sarcasm
                  ...And replacement kids just show up. Often before you've broken the first one...
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Slave to the Phone View Post
                    I am not the one who called CPS, though. The police did.
                    Do her food stamps get reduced when CPS moves her child to a foster home?
                    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?

Comment

I just spotted this on Reddit.

Flight attendant in Business Class. Woman with two small children boards and asks “where is the crèche (childcare)?” When told there wasn’t one, she demanded that the flight attendants watch the kids.

Comment

Can't say I'm surprised at that entitlement.

Who is John Galt?

Comment

Quoth Tanasi View Post
                          In our AO there are already such businesses, they also don't allow the parents to leave. The drop offs we were getting just left. The wife had some heavy-ish equipment rolling around loading/unloading trucks. The drivers have enough problems looking out for adults much less kids. Our kids knew to stay away. Lots of folks shouldn't have kids.
                          Please considering doing a greatest hits thread, this sounds like an excellent SC story source!

Comment

Quoth flyonthewall View Post
                            Please considering doing a greatest hits thread, this sounds like an excellent SC story source!
                            There is one. It's called War Stories.
                            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
                            X