This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Desk Diaries; Illogical New Heights

Either I'm high strung or some people are just really idiotic.
    Ugh, two in one day.

The first guest was a check out. They've been staying with us for a few days and should have checked out a bit earlier but kept extending. They also stayed with us a while ago apparently and they have a history of leaving our rooms in a...state. Well, we did an authorisation with them anyway.

The snag was them checking out. They needed help lugging their stuff down the stairs coz she apparently has a back problem. I thought it was just her suitcase, but it turned out she also had about ten bags full of crap like food, toiletries and medicines. Well, I lugged down all the crap into the back room of the office while she went out and bought a bus ticket.

When she came back later, she was in a van taxi so I thought she would be taking her stuff with her. Turns out, she only asked for her suitcase and four of the bags. My brain started to creak, but I went into automatic mode and did what she said. She said she would be visiting the area again next month and said she would pick up the stuff as well.

God, I hope she doesn't pick our place again. There is such thing as over-packing, idiot.

Second guest.
    A late check in from last night. We sent a message to their phone but couldn't call them directly. We charged their first night as a precaution and just told them to come to the desk to do the check-in procedure. They did not come to desk in the morning and instead came in at 2:30. On top of that, the booking wasn't for the name on it but for their girlfriend. Just as an extra precaution, we charged the rest of the stay earlier in the day.

When they did come in, the usual crap was thrown into chaos. For photo ID, they had a passport with them which while still valid, I still find kind of suspicious. They didn't have a credit card on them for security so I just told them we would charge incidentals to the boyfriend's credit card. I didn't ask for a cash bond coz it didn't look like she had enough for it.

You know, it's gonna look hella suspicious if you get caught on the street without a regular form of ID and with so little cash on you. I also noticed that she said she was gonna go out to get a pack of cigarettes after she checked in.

I'm gonna get such a chewing out from my supervisor...

I need a spa day

Was the first one on some kind of VIP list? I know people in my line of work who think they're Paris Hilton but it seems like you've rented out to one of her parallel universe Sliders doubles.
    Don't waste time trying to convince someone that the sky is blue.

Comment

I thought this was a hotel/motel, not a storage facility. Is there a way your facility can box it up and send it to her and charge her for it? I left my neck roll at the hotel where we stayed in March, and they sent it to me and charged the credit card they had on file for us for the postage (for which I was asked permission, which I gave). No problem as far as I was concerned, as I didn't feel like driving 2.5 hours just to get my neck roll.

Comment

Quoth PoliteBoy View Post
        Either I'm high strung or some people are just really idiotic.
        When you work in the retail or service industries, it's probably both.
        I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
        - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
        - IPF

Comment

So what was the outcome with the second? Did bf try to dispute the charges?
          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Working...
          X