This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subway jerk

In line at Subway, guy ahead of me is ordering two foot-longs. One ham, one turkey. He orders all the toppings, then realizes the wasn't paying attention and reversed which sandwich got which set of toppings. He wanted them to start over and throw away the sandwiches, mainly because one sandwich was supposed to be dry but he had had them put mayo on it. He kept repeating "My wife won't eat that". The server said he could get 2 new sandwiches but he needed to pay for the incorrect sandwiches that he had created first. He refused and stomped out hollering about "terrible customer service". I hope the employees got a couple of free sandwiches for their break...
    Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the restraints...
    TASTE THE LIME JELLO OF DEFEAT! -Gravekeeper

Good for Subway for not caving!!

Comment

Good grief. I would've just moved the toppings or moved the meat if both sandwiches were meat, unless there's some strict reason to not consume ham or something. As far as the mayo it's conceivable you can shave off that part of the bread with a knife. I don't know what toppings were touching it but come on, it's not like it's a mayo allergy. Well, I guess it could happen, but an eighth of a teaspoon of it that accidentally touched some of the toppings isn't going to end the world.

TL;DR version: open the sandwiches and pull the meat off; switch to the other sandwich.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Aye -- But, in this case, he was demanding that they toss the sandwiches. Not sure if they're allowed to just "swap toppings" either way, tho I agree that that would be the simplest option.
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I know you can't swap toppings, but the Subway worker could have wasted out the sandwiches and started over. I know I did that more than once during my time with them. Customers are only human and are prone to error too.

Comment

Working...
          X