Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Customers are so fucking stupid and don't gives a rat's ass about employees.Just in fact on wednesday I put the 5 mins sign up and took a bathroom break. Well when I got back there was a bitch with her nose pressed on the way on the store.(her nose was completely smashed)And when I opened the door the bitch nearly knocked me down for a pack of gum.So I guess I'm not surprised by this black friday crap. I read an article a few years ago( I wish I could find it),it was about how some states/stores were considering banning black friday because of the crazy assholes.

Comment

People fucking suck, and the ones responsible for aiding in this man's death need to be imprisoned for life.

This is exactly why I do my part every year by staying home on Black Friday.
      The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

Quoth candyshopgirl View Post
        I read an article a few years ago( I wish I could find it),it was about how some states/stores were considering banning black friday because of the crazy assholes.
        I tried searching for similar articles and there doesn't seem to be a big outcry or concern as I turned up 0 articles and I even used my university's research databases and turned up nothing on the subject.

Comment

I just read about this on my local news website. I can't believe that this would happen!

I mean, I just work at Sears and we had maybe a hundred to two hundred people lined up...I had to tell people not to run like morons when the doors were open. At the mall entrance, people were crawling under the door as it went up.

It's pathetic and stupid...I am so sorry for this man's family and the workers at that Wal-mart.

No sale is worth breaking a damn door down.

Comment

=/ The poor man. That's all I can really say.
            Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

Quoth Chanlin View Post
              The door wasn't locked and the customers were welcome at the store and the store was open for business. Breaking and Entering is a huuuuuuge stretch.
              Unless I misread it.. I thought the store was not open yet and people just broke the doors down.

Comment

The store had just opened according to the articles. The mob then raced through the doors with such force that they broke them and trampled the guy to death.

Comment

Quoth One-Fang View Post
                  Mind you, tragic and stupid as this is, you have to wonder at "tried to hold back the crowd". D'uh. Stupid thing to do. When they break through the doors, including ripping the hinges off, you run like f*ck to get out of there! You don't stand there and try and be a human barrier.
                  He may have panicked and froze up like a deer in the headlights. Or his manager told him to be crowd control. Either way, it ended horribly. I wish they had identified him, as they did his coworker who also got taken down in the throng and had to fight them off.

It's sickening that it's come to this. Our society needs to step back and take a good, long look at itself. See what avarice and selfishness has done to us. What is more important: a human life or $5 off Latest Stupid Trick Elmo?

Rest in peace, Brother CS Worker.
                  I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                  My LiveJournal
                  A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Here's a little tidbit that should sicken everyone...

Dozens of store employees trying to fight their way out to help the man were also getting trampled by the crowd, Fleming said. Witnesses said that even as the worker lay on the ground, shoppers streamed into the store, stepping over him.

Kimberly Cribbs, who witnessed the stampede, said shoppers were acting like "savages."

"When they were saying they had to leave, that an employee got killed, people were yelling 'I've been on line since yesterday morning,'" she said. "They kept shopping."
                    I just saw this in MSNBC's article (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27955316/) although I'm not sure if it was update from the last time someone posted a link to it. I can't really add a whole lot to what everyone else has already said, other than to call the people who saw this guy and still stepped on or over him savages would probably be an insult to savages.
                    "I busted a mirror and got seven years bad luck, but my lawyer thinks he can get me five." - Steven Wright

Comment

The worst thing is he was just the poor sap who unlocked the doors.

The impatient crowd knocked the man to the ground as he opened the doors, leaving a metal portion of the frame crumpled like an accordion.
                      Last edited by Titi; 11-29-2008, 02:38 AM.

Comment

Yeah, there's gonna be a special place in hell for these assberries...

I hope they can ID some of them on security tapes and then slam the fuck outta them in jail - make an example of 'em so the other turdsuckers have some sense knocked into their empty heads.
                        ~~ Every politician that opens their mouth on birth control only proves that we need more of it. ~~

Comment

Two thoughts.....

1) They need to switch to a ticket based system for door buster (ha! I guess this year really was a door buster) items like so many other stores are doing now.

2) For ID, they could always compare the entrance video to the checkout videos and try to match up people that used credit/checks for their transaction. But I have the feeling Wally might not be willing to turn over the tapes without the courts getting involved.

Comment

I agree, Jack. I wish that all stores would just do tickets for doorbusters...I mean, at least for stores that have more than one entrance (like mine), they can tell customers to line up at one entrance only and hand out tickets for items...first come, first serve.

Then, they should tell them that if there is any pushing and shoving (there shouldn't be if they used tickets) then they will be told to leave. If you can't act civilized, then you shouldn't be shopping.

Comment

Quoth Rine View Post
                              I agree, Jack. I wish that all stores would just do tickets for doorbusters...I mean, at least for stores that have more than one entrance (like mine), they can tell customers to line up at one entrance only and hand out tickets for items...first come, first serve.
                              Last year I went to get a Wii at Best Buy. When they handed out tickets they told us we had until noon (it was 7am when they were passed out) to pick up our system. Since the store wasn't opening till 9am, I went back home, got breakfast, shoveled the driveway, relaxed. Went back at 11:30 and was told I was the last person to pick mine up. So there's one huge advantage to the ticket system there that I didn't need to take it right then.

Comment

"When they were saying they had to leave, that an employee got killed, people were yelling 'I've been on line since yesterday morning,'" she said. "They kept shopping."

Greedy fucking animals.

Also I was told on youtube that the people lining up on Black Friday make more money than me, and are therefore my superiors in intelligence and I should kiss their ass.

Quoth Loser on youtube
                                "The point is the idiot is making fun of people who are his superiors. 99% of the people in that line make far more money than this the stupid Best Buy employee. Its a shame he does not realize people look down on him as a useless retail worker which is only one step above a BUM. Like I said hes making $9 or $10 or less and hes making fun of people....dude needs a reality check!"
                                I fucking hate everyone.
                                Last edited by Ree; 12-01-2008, 11:35 AM. Reason: Edit to add a quote to clarify the comment

Comment

Working...
                                X