This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grocery store refuses to write 3-year-old boy's name on birthday cake

News article I was given. The suckage goes beyond being a crappy customer and into the realm of being a crappy person all around.

Holland Township man names son after Adolf Hitler
    MOD EDIT:
    Original article unavailable, alternate link here- Little Adolf Hitler Denied Birthday Cake

Adolf Hitler Campbell -- it's indeed the name on his birth certificate -- turns 3 today, and the Campbell family believes the boy has been mistreated. A local supermarket refused to make a birthday cake with "Adolf Hitler" on it.

The ShopRite in Greenwich Township has also refused to make a cake bearing the name of Campbell's daughter, JoyceLynn Aryan Nation Campbell, who turns 2 in February.
    It seems that that the Anti-Defamation League and a child psychologist are backing ShopRite on this.
    Last edited by NightAngel; 12-18-2008, 01:50 PM.
    "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

What is wrong with these people?!
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Gee, I never would've guessed the parents are white supremacists, nazi sympathizers, and all around failures of humanity.

/HEAVY sarcasm

I didn't think ignorance was something to be proud of.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Playing devils advocate on this one:

While I personally agree that these parents are complete fucktrumpets as irv would put it, they are entitled to the choice of naming their children whatever they wish. And while I severely doubt this will be the case, their children are entitled to the choice of changing their names when they get older.

While I again agree that the names are completely offensive, its just a cake.

/devil's advocate

Personally I support shop rites choice to refuse service to a customer. This of course will be a completely political hotbed and lest I get into fratching territory I will say no more.

Comment

True, they get to name their kids as they wish. They also get to deal with the consequences of the names they give to their children.

The store also gets to serve them or not serve them as they wish. I'm thinking they don't want other customers to see a cake with "Happy Birthday Adolf Hitler" or find out that they did make such a cake, and risk a bunch of complaints. If the cake with the blank space for the parents to add the name later wasn't good enough for them, then tough shit.

I hope the kids do change their names when they're old enough to do so. I'd do exactly that if it were me. And if my parents disowned me for doing so, I'd deny any knowledge of them. But that's just me.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Wow, talk about socially damning your children for LIFE!

Comment

Poor, poor, POOR kids. I weep for them.
              "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

Grocery store refuses to write 3-year-old boy's name on birthday cake

The catch?

Boy's name is "Adolf Hitler Campbell".

Lovely.

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/toda...ily_angry.html

Edit: Damn, didn't see this in "Sightings": http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ad.php?t=39778

Comment

If they're just names, why did they choose them?

I've never seen a better example of someone so completely missing the point.

Comment

I have to wonder why they need to put both names on the cake, anyway, if not to stir controversy and make a statement.

I don't recall my birthday cakes saying "Happy Birthday (first name)(middle name)" when I was a child, and I haven't been asked to do very many cakes with the child's full name on it for other people, either.

Why can't their children's cakes just say, "Happy Birthday Adolf" and "Happy Birthday JoyceLynn"?
                    Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Quoth Custard Chick View Post
                      Edit: Damn, didn't see this in "Sightings": http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ad.php?t=39778
                      That's OK...it belongs in this forum anyway, so I'm merging.
                      Last edited by Ree; 12-16-2008, 02:11 AM.
                      Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

This poor child is going to have a lot of issues growing up.
                        Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

you know... my favorite line in that whole article was "we're not racists, we just don't think races should mix"
                          ... umm, that sounds awfully racist to the rest of us.
                          I also noticed they both recieve welfare... wanna bet they are the type who all month will bitch about this corrupt government and all the evil it does, but come the 3rd of the month will gladly accept the government's check.
                          If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Sometimes I think we shouldn't get named until we're legally adults and decide them for ourselves. At least you can't blame anyone but yourself for a bad name then.
                            How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Wonder how Junior and Juniorette will react when they learn about the roots of their names? Or how many kids will not show up for their birthday parties in grade school, the beatings in jr. high, not getting dates for prom. Maybe welfare will pay for their therapy.
                              "Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with your software."

Comment

Working...
                              X