• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check out the Yelp reviews.
    http://www.yelp.ca/biz/amys-baking-company-scottsdale
    cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

I had to snigger a little when I read the "Business Info" segment at the top - noise level is reported as being "very loud"...
      A theory states that if anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for, it will be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

Another theory states that this has already happened.

Comment

Quoth cindybubbles View Post
        Check out the Yelp reviews.

This one has to be the best of the lot....

This place is heavenly! It really fills a niche in the market, and is a unique experience that no other restaurant can match. As a masochist, I love the punishment and humiliation that is provided here. Normally I have to shell out $200+ for a session at a dungeon, but here I can have the experience for a mere $20.

Your typical package begins with a punishing eating experience, where you are forced to eat whatever cruel and disgusting concoction Amy comes up with. Then it proceeds with public humiliation, where you are belittled and degraded in front of others. Finally, there is the financial domination at the end, where you are forced to pay her for the experience.

Now I know this place isn't for everyone's taste, as indicated by the numerous negative reviews. I think some people just missed the point entirely of this place.
        B
        "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
        I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
          Um... so they steal from the employees? I'm thinking they might need to get a lawyer asap cos that shit's not legal afaik
          Take this for a grain of salt, but on their FB page, they say that they pay the servers $8-$14 a hour.

If that's true (and I call BS), then, no, it's not stealing from the employees since they employees aren't supplementing their wage in order to make minimum.
          My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Quoth Kheldarson View Post
            Take this for a grain of salt, but on their FB page, they say that they pay the servers $8-$14 a hour.

If that's true (and I call BS), then, no, it's not stealing from the employees since they employees aren't supplementing their wage in order to make minimum.
            But according to another Yelper and the codes of Arizona labor laws, it wouldn't mean anything if the staff even got a $50/hour wage - tips can't and mustn't be retained by the employer, period.

But enough Fratchinguesque talk - let's keep focus on teh crazies
            Last edited by NorthernZel; 05-13-2013, 09:53 PM.
            A theory states that if anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for, it will be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

Another theory states that this has already happened.

Comment

Aaaaand, did I call it or what?

This is Samy. I am keeping note of all names here. We will be pursuing action against you legaly, and against reddit and yelp, for this plot you have come together on. you are all just punks.
              I see them losing a lot of money over frivolous lawsuits that are tossed out. Do they have SLAPP in AZ?

And I'm pretty sure Amy wrote this little rant:

I AM NOT STUPID ALL OF YOU ARE. YOU JUST DO NOT KNOW GOOD FOOD. IT IS NOT UNCOMMON TO RESELL THINGS WALMART DOES NOT MAKE THEIR ELECTRONICS OR TOYS SO LAY OFF!!!!
              Last edited by fma_fanatic; 05-13-2013, 11:21 PM.
              Random conversation:
              Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
              DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

They...really have no idea how the internet works, do they?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...levant_count=1

I just can't stop laughing at this.
                My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Where are the horse tranquilizers when you really need them....
                  Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Hubs and I are both stunned speechless. The Facebook page is like watching a train wreck in slo-mo.

Hubs said :"It's like your mom was a chef!"
                    https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

O.M.G. The husband and wife sure know how to put the fun in dysfunctional. My jaw is still on the floor after hearing how they have the utter gall to steal their servers' tips and how horrible they've treated their staff and go nuclear anytime somebody says something to them they don't wanna hear. I don't blame Gordon for walking out on them. After all, you can only help those who WANT to help themselves. I don't see them being in business for long with their unprofessional attitudes all around (their responses on the restaurant's FB page is nothing short of appalling, unprofessional and childish), tons of negative reviews and how badly they treat their staff.

ETA: Just saw that video. Somewhat not surprised that they weren't open for Mother's Day. Especially since they burned so many bridges with former staff members and customers.
                      Last edited by tropicsgoddess; 05-14-2013, 03:54 AM.
                      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth tropicsgoddess View Post
                        The husband and wife sure know how to put the fun in dysfunctional.
                        They belittle their staff, they are two-faced, they steal tips, they berate customers who find their food not to their liking, she's been busted for bank fraud.

I wouldn't call any part of that fun, even watching it from afar. These are lives and livelihoods being ruined.

Comment

Makes me wonder if they've ever eaten their own food... Hm...

Also, I did some digging. The one food item Ramsay actually liked was the dessert they gave him beforehand. Turns out, Amy admitted that they don't make the desserts. Those same cakes have been traced back to Paula Dean and Martha Stuart recipes. Nice, real nice.

I'm a bit of a sucker for punishment. Next time I'm ever in the area, I might try it out.

CS dinner party anyone?
                          Some people just need a high five...

In the face with the back of a chair....

Comment

I'm out. I'd end up in jail.

Comment

Quoth Eevie View Post
                              *snip*
                              I'm a bit of a sucker for punishment. Next time I'm ever in the area, I might try it out.

CS dinner party anyone?
                              Dang, I'd love to be able to join you there!

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                              They belittle their staff, they are two-faced, they steal tips, they berate customers who find their food not to their liking, she's been busted for bank fraud.

I wouldn't call any part of that fun, even watching it from afar. These are lives and livelihoods being ruined.
                              Well, the main lives and livelihoods being ruined are their own -- that at least is funny.

Not so much for the staff who have to live with it until they either find another job or just can't take it anymore and walk out.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post

I do have to wonder if the workers are deliberately chosen for one of three reasons:

-Not knowing their workers rights or IR laws.
                                -Not speaking English very well (and thus not having a lot of knowledge, or being able to ask for help)
                                -Having something that could be used against them if they do anything wrong (ie person ends up deported, arrested, kids get taken away etc.)

Quoth Eevie View Post
                                Also, I did some digging. The one food item Ramsay actually liked was the dessert they gave him beforehand. Turns out, Amy admitted that they don't make the desserts. Those same cakes have been traced back to Paula Dean and Martha Stuart recipes. Nice, real nice.
                                There's a BIG difference between selling products that are made by someone else and selling products that they claim are theirs and they actually COME from someone else.
                                The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Working...
                                X