This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh... really?

Fortunately, things have been relatively quiet at The Company That Eats Your Soul this week. Busy, but quiet, and no word from Dumb or Dumber.

Well. I was asked if I would like to do a specific assignment. I said, yes, I was interested.

How much would I charge?

I named my price.

I got an email stating that the person in charge of this assignment had talked to "your boss" (now, that really hurts; I don't HAVE a boss, and if I did, Dumber would NOT be it), and that my real price was the one given below.

What did the person in charge do?

Sent me a list of people available to do this work, and the amounts they are given for it.

In case you're wondering about the significance of this, I just received proof of how much I am paid for this type of work, and what other people are paid for it. Oh, guess what? We aren't all paid the same! Imagine that! Hey, looky here - someone else is paid two and a half times as much for that type of work as I am! Gee! And they keep coming to me, asking me to do it!

The person in charge asked me if I'm still interested in the job.

I asked why other people are paid more than I am, for the same work.

She's been very quiet since then.

So are you going to do it and for a decent price or is it not happening?
    https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
    Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

I'm going to do it for their price. Otherwise, they would have had to cancel the order. Heh. Heh.

When I leave this place, there's one service they'll no longer be able to offer!

Comment

I think I'd go with whomever's work I like best, and make sure the person I chose is the person who actually did it.
        "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Oh, don't expect anything even vaguely resembling logic from this "company". Not only do the lunatics run this asylum, they've hired all their inbred relatives.

Comment

Quoth Eireann View Post
            Not only do the lunatics run this asylum, they've hired all their inbred relatives.
            Giggle attack. Thank you.

Comment

You're welcome! Maybe someone will put it on their signature line.

Comment

Working...
              X