This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Relax, it's just a haircut!!

So I finally went and got my hair cut today, about a month after I noticed I could really use one. Got it cut REALLY short (#3 buzzer on the sides and back) and only just over a finger height on the top. A nice summertime cut in the middle of winter, which is how I like it (if I get cold, that's what a hat is for).

I went straight from there to work, and Natasha (of MEHA fame) was in the break room hanging up her coat.

She took one look at my hair and nearly freaked out.

Natasha: WHOA!!!! I LOVE IT!!! SEXY SEXY!!!

Then she just about broke into song and dance.

Jeeze, relax, it's just a haircut!

We ended up walking up front together to punch in, where I got a much more subdued - yet very nice - compliment from Amanda (copy center), but Natasha felt the need to then point out my new look fro Angelica and ask "Don't you just LOVE Dave's new haircut???"

Angelica: Yes, it's very nice.

Again....calm down.....it's JUST a haircut!

It was all slightly embarrassing.
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Hey, at least she didn't spend half an hour following you around running her fingers through it, like my best friend did to me when I ran into her at the grocery store after I cut mine from mid back to pixie. Although, to be fair, we were 11 at the time.
    The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

It's been about 6 weeks since I got my last haircut. Before then, it'd been about 8 or 9 months... it was very, very shaggy, very curly/wavy, and very bushy, and usually kept under a hat.

I quit wearing the hat (as much) after the haircut, which is pretty close to Dave's. Short on the sides and back, though a bit longer than his on top (it's around 3" on top right now).

It took my boss 2 or 3 weeks to finally notice. Along with most of my coworkers. Yesterday one of my regular customers asked when I cut it and said it looked a lot better... I said "oh, early December".

I could actually use a trim now, I might do that this weekend.

Comment

I need pictures, Dave.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I get that sort of thing a lot too. I've had the same basic hair cut for the past 12 years and every time it grows and i cut it back, people get all "ZOMG you cut your hair!!!11!!~"
          I was not hired to respond to those voices.

Comment

Everyone notices when I cut my hair. Mostly because I take it to an 1/8".

It used to 1/16" but I can't seem to find that attachment anymore.

I wound up doing my own after my Marine Corps barber left to open his own salon in the city. When doing it myself, it is far easier to just pick one length and go with it. Trying to do a high and tight on yourself is wee bit difficult.

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
              I need pictures, Dave.
              Well, OK.....I guess I'm in the right mood for that. If you mosey on over to the CS photo album and see my picture there.....my hair was at least that long - probably longer - before I got my haircut. Incidentally, those are also my old glasses.

Behold! New shorter hair, and new[er] glasses.
              Attached Files
              "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Natasha digs you!

And the new hair looks great!

"When your deepest thoughts are broken, keep on dreaming, boy; when you stop dreaming it's time to die" -- Blind Melon

Comment

lol, I cut 3 feet of hair cut off one summer and the next day, all my female coworkers were telling me I looked great. They kept asking my boss if he thought I looked good. He said "she always looks good" and looked a little confused

Yes, but did he notice anything different?

Um, she wore makeup?

They all started laughing like hyenas. I told him about the hair to put him out of his misery.

The hair looks good, Dave. And at least they noticed
                  "I'm starting to see a pattern in the men I date" - Miss Piggy, Muppet Treasure Island

I'm writing!! Check out the blog.

Comment

Quoth SuperRTL View Post
                    lol, I cut 3 feet of hair cut off one summer and the next day, all my female coworkers were telling me I looked great. They kept asking my boss if he thought I looked good. He said "she always looks good" and looked a little confused Yes, but did he notice anything different? Um, she wore makeup? They all started laughing like hyenas. I told him about the hair to put him out of his misery.
                    Just goes to show you, Jester's right: guys are clueless! And Dave, lookin' goood....

Comment

Wow, you know you're in the service when someone talks about a #3 and you think "That's long!"

Comment

I wound up getting a haircut yesterday. #3 on the sides, hand trimmed and thinned on top (I have really thick hair), but it might as well have been a #4 on top.

My boss didn't notice until we sat down and did my yearly review, though my boss hasn't cut his hair in over a year. Most of my male coworkers either didn't notice or didn't say anything, but 100% of my female coworkers noticed right away.

Comment

Quoth Lindsey View Post
                          Natasha digs you!
                          I agree. Most of us aren't going to come out and say it; this is a way of letting it be known.

Comment

I know she does.

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

XD See, you got all kinds of girls going after you man. Good job. Ya make one of them happy.
                              Military Spouse Support.
                              http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
                              Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Working...
                              X