Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whoa! Love the hair Dave! You wear it well!

Quoth Food Lady View Post
    I agree. Most of us aren't going to come out and say it; this is a way of letting it be known.
    Psh. She learned it from me.
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

You know, every time I get my hair cut and beard trimmed (and if I wait until I really need the haircut, the beard gets real shaggy as it grows twice as fast) people tell me what a nice haircut I got, and I always wonder why. I feel like saying, "Why compliment me? I didn't do anything but sit there. Compliment the barber, if you think he did a good job, but I personally had nothing to do with the results beyond choosing the barber."

What I do say, though, is "Thank you." I'm sure they mean well, and I don't want to throw it back in their faces. I just don't understand it. It's one of those social skills things, I guess.

(OK, it just occurred to me that if I had told the barber how I wanted it cut, and he followed my direction, I'd deserve part of the praise, but I never do that. If they ever ask me how I want it cut, I tell them "Just like it is now, except shorter." It's not like any talent of my own is involved; I have, in fact, zero talent in that direction. If I ever try to trim my beard by myself, it winds up looking like a lawn that was mowed by a drunk. I'm not going to even try to do my own hair.)

Comment

Shalom, I totally get what you're saying. I've just never heard anyone verbalize it before! It's like when I get compliments on my hair. I say "thank you" but wonder if I should. I do cut it and style it, but the curl everyone likes is not my creation. It just grows out my head like that.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

all i can say is ... if she likes buzz cuts she'd prolly melt over the one my boyfriend use to get before he retired. it was closer to a marine cut than a navy cut.

Comment

You have nice eyes Dave

People love my hair, it's weird. Not to the point of needing to play with it thankfully, but the though of me dying my hair or cutting it short sent people into gasp mode.

I seriously need it cut though, it hasn't been cut in oh...14 months (yes, I'm serious). It's down to my ass again and it's starting to get in the way if you know what I mean. I need a good 6-8 inches hacked off.

Comment

A new hair cut once got me half a compliment. I went from more than shoulder length mostly in a ponytail to very short. Even men noticed and complimented me about it. All but one man, he told me that he prefered women to have long hair, but he had to admit that the new haircut looked good, therefore he'd make only half a compliment!
              I suggested that he'd shave off his beard and then I'd let my hair grow again, he declined, so I told him - politely and with a lot more words of course - to STFU.
              No trees were killed in the posting of this message.

However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

LOL just yesterday, one of my co-workers asked if I'd gotten a haircut. Yeah...back at the end of November What can I say, other than it doesn't grow much during the winter...yet goes nuts in the summer. After 30 years, I've quit trying to tame it, and let it do what it wants
                Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth Cats View Post
                  You have nice eyes Dave
                  Thanks!

(nice that you say that despite my eyes being obstructed by my eyeglass frames)
                  "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Nice look, Dave! Hey, have you ever thought of doing some subtle highlights? It'd look awesome!

Comment

I rarely do anything with my hair besides washing and combing. Hell, I've only ever had it spiked twice. I wouldn't have the foggiest idea how to go about adding highlights, subtle or otherwise, though the idea intrigues me......
                      "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Well honestly if you've never done it I'd say your best bet is to go to a good stylist and ask them to do it They can also recommend a good color. I wouldn't necessarily go with anything radical (ie, a 'frosted' look) but since your hair already has a little bit of a reddish tone, maybe something like a lighter reddish brown... you'd be amazed how much it changes the 'depth' of your hair

Comment

My sister recently got her hair cut. It was down to her mid-thigh. Now its barely past her shoulders. Looks great. Though it did before too. She has gorgeous hair.

Comment

I have really long hair. I have been thinking about cutting it off for some time. What's stopping me? Don't feel like hearing about it from my co-workers for weeks.
                            Life's too short to drink cheap beer

Comment

Quoth seigus View Post
                              I have really long hair. I have been thinking about cutting it off for some time. What's stopping me? Don't feel like hearing about it from my co-workers for weeks.
                              My friend did it. She felt the need to gently warn me first. I loooooved her long hair.
                              "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

My friend Jhon just got a super short military style cut, it looks ok but I loved when he was rockin the Kyle Reese look. And no I don't know the names of different hair cuts/styles.
                                Last edited by Zellie Crescent; 07-12-2010, 09:23 AM. Reason: Friend dosen't want me using his real name
                                ......../\
                                ....../__\
                                ..../\...../\
                                ../__\../__\

Comment

Working...
                                X