This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customer Wanted Manager Because I Couldn't Accept His Lottery Tip

Yesterday, a customer hit the three digit day number and he had two tickets. Currently, I only had enough cash in the drawer for one ticket so I had to wait a few minutes to get the rest of the money which the customer was fine with.

He also wanted to buy some lottery tickets. The customer pointed out that I made a few mistakes on the three and four digit numbers. He even complained about the way a couple of the tickets were printed out. I apologized and offered to fix them but he decided to keep the tickets.

The customer offered me a tip and I told him that I wasn't allowed. He requested a manager and I paged one. My service desk coworker ended up talking to this customer. It turned out that she told him we could lose our jobs if we accepted tips.
    My Fanfic Page
    My Fiction Page
    My Social Group
    My Pet Social Group
    My You Tube Channel

Could you accept and not tell anyone?
    Take this job and shove it. I ain't workin here no more.

Proud Air Force Mom

Comment

Several places I worked we could accept tips if the customer/guest offered 3-or more times, or it would be a cultural insult to refuse (English guests were adamant!) It didn't happen often, but we told them how much just offering was appreciated!
      "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

At a store I worked in a while ago, we had the same policy. I just accepted any tips offered, told my manager and dumped them in the nearest charity box at the checkouts.

Comment

Working...
        X